A rant

I DON'T GIVE A F*** ABOUT THE JONAS BROTHERS! I DON'T WANNA READY ABOUT FRANK AND GERARD F***ING EACH OTHER AND I SURE AS HELL COULDN'T GIVE A S*** ABOUT TWILIGHT AND ITS S***** SPIN OFFS! YOU'RE LETTING PEOPLE F*** UP HARRY POTTER TOO!! SET SOME DAMN GUIDELINES TO GET RID OF THESE TEENIE BOPPIN PANSY ASS S***** WRITERS HAVE MORALS DAMN IT! AND ANOTHER THING! MAKE YOUR EDITORS ACTUALLY DO THEIR WORK! DELETE THE BULLSHIT ALL TOGETHER SO PEOPLE KNOW THEY SUCK!

Now that I've got that out. I'll say it nicely.

People flooded over from Quizzilla because it got lame. I understand that. I was there and moved here. But for the life of me and my precious brain cells- yes, they are precious and I don't appreciate you trying to kill them. If I wanted to do that, I would go smoke some crack and drink some shitty vodka while watching Ernest Goes to Camp repeatedly.- please SPELL CHECK your stories. There is a spell check BUTTON on the upper left corner of your Mibba screen. Dujo put it there for a reason. Don't insult the intelligence of the designers of this glorious website be thinking that your atrocious spelling is in fact correct. Come down off your pedestal of s***, drop the pride, and use the tools given to you.

I caution you all, don't ask me to read your stories if you KNOW they are s*****. I will be honest and tell you it's utter bulls*** and you'd be better off going back to elementary school for a second or maybe even third round of the material you obviously didn't absorb the first time.

I know I'm not the best writer. I'll admit that in a heart beat. However, I do constantly re-read my stories and EDIT them. That's also something I would advise you try. It does wonders!

May I also point out that stories about any of the following topics are overdone: Arranged marriage, The Jonas Brothers, and Frank and Gerard boning.

Arranged marriage stories are do-able...if the main characters aren't whiny kids who b**** b**** b**** all through the first chapter and, by chapter two, they fall in love.

The Jonas Brothers. Le sigh. How much I have to say about them. First off. They have promise rings from what I understand. So if your story involves them f****** you before marriage, you better not mention the promise ring. I don't care how in love with you they are. If they have that ring, they'll respect you and themselves and WAIT TIL MARRIAGE. Understood? Great. Secondly, jumping from one boy to the next just to go back to the first only to realize you're in love with the third one? I don't know if there are any stories like that because I refuse to read JoBro stories. As I said before, my brain cells are precious and I try not to kill them with useless refuse. Nonetheless, if that's the plot or any portion of the plot of your story, do yourself a favor and rethink it. The main character will just look like a ho.

Ah, and the wonderful topic of Frank and Gee. Let me start off by saying that I like My Chemical Romance. A lot. I will also admit that I have read some of these slashes. But I refuse to read the ones that have no depth. If you are writing a story for pure smut, WARN YOUR READERS. If the story LOOKS like it has an actual plot, and I start reading only to have them f*** six times in the first chapter while lacking the meaningful art of conversation....I'll X out and move on.

Here I would also like to toss in that ANY story involving incest is just down right nasty and I have to ask WHERE THE F*** IS YOUR MIND AT?! Incest is illegal and a sin for a reason people. It creates babies, who if unlucky enough to live, WILL have mental or physical disabilities. And for Syn's sake, are you twisted enough to even think for a minute that Ger and Mikes would get it on? Hmmm?! May I point out that Mikes obviously isn't Gee's type. Look at Lyn-Z and look at Mikey. I rest my case.

Another point on which I will touch briefly is this: put more than just dialogue in your stories. I understand wanting to leave things up to the imagination of the reader, but when there is no direction as to who is speaking or the passage of time, reading your story becomes a chore. I don't want reading to be a chore and I'm sure you don't either.

Lastly, I bring up something I've hinted at throughout this little rant. When your characters meet, f***, AND fall in love all in the first chapter....that's your bulls*** fantasy. Not life. If any of you have ever read my stories, then you know I have one in which the two main characters bone in the first chapter. HOWEVER, I establish that they have had a prior friendship, and a close one at that. Therefore, it is slightly more plausible than a story in which the characters meet, f*** two hours later, and then declare that they can't possibly live with out each other all within the first half of the first chapter.

I have read several stories in which the main characters have sex with in the first chapter. But that's all that happens. An actual relationship will develop from that moment. In these cases I merely think "Well that was one hell of an ice breaker."

My friend had this to add: IF YOU MUST, AND I MEAN MUST HAVE A TITLE OFF OF A SONG, CAN THE TITLE OF THE SONG REFLECT THE STORY?! I DON'T WANNA READ ANOTHER "A LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN" STORY THAT ENDS UP BEING ABOUT A GOOD RELATIONSHIP! I EXPECT GORE! I EXPECT SEX! AND ANOTHER THING, FOR YOU FRERARD PEOPLE. WTF. HOW MANY DAMN PLOTS CAN Y'ALL RECYCLE!? I'VE SEEN IT ALL! THERE'S PROBABLY ONLY 3 THAT MAKE SENSE BUT I HATE EVEN MORE WHEN IT'S A THREE SOME WITH GERARD, FRANKIE AND LYN-Z! WHAT THE HELL!? DOES THE CONSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE MEAN CRAP TO YOU PEOPLE!? AND THE KID IS NEW TO THE WORLD, SHE DON'T NEED TO GOOGLE HER NAME AND SEE YOUR CRAPPTASTIC STORY!

So in conclusion, I would like to say that I mean no disrespect to your or your writing. I have nothing agains the Jonas Brothers and even enjoy their music from time to time. I despise Twilight because it is poorly written. I'm a proud Ravenclaw. I encourage you all to continue this fine art and wish you the best. I don't mean to come off as high and mighty or a know it all. However, I am in my third year of college as a Journalism major and English minor. Noticing these things is part of my education. Furthermore, I will let you in on a secret. College professor do in fact check your spelling and grammar. So with the rate of children who graduate from high school illiterate, I would encourage you not to become another statistic and prove to yourself and others that you know the difference between a coordinating conjunction and a transition.
July 28th, 2009 at 10:20pm