I'm probably a horrible employee, but I'm still pretty dang awesome.

I started my new job on Friday. It's not horrible. I mean, Saturday pretty much sucked, but I can't complain too much. It's more or less your standard cashier's job. Long hours on your feet, customers that you want to smack, and a bunch of pointless questions from said customers that aren't really all that hard to answer yourself. The thing I hate most about the job is the godd*mn phone. See, we have an automated system, it answers pretty much every frequently asked question. What our times are, how much admission is, where we're located, ect. Yet, every day, we get a bajillion people choosing to speak to a representative, which happens to be anyone working in the gift shop, and their questions are always the ones I've just listed. Seriously, get some patience and listen to automated stuff. It's not hard, and it makes things for us SO much easier.

Another thing I dislike is when the owner calls for carcounts. I got reprimanded Saturday because I didn't have it (I had just arrived, was still counting down my drawer, and the ticket booth was without a radio). I had to ask several people and ended up leaving him on hold for eight minutes. I understand, but it was frustrating dealing with that right after I got there on my second day. I was also left alone most of the day that day.

Anyway, yesterday, though very slow, was pretty good. My co-worker for the day and I discussed bands we liked, mostly All Time Low, and played with the toys in the shop. At one point we even played hackey sack. Well, attempted to play. We kinda sucked.

Last night I also went to my friend Amber's to watch Yes Man with her and her boyfriend. It was a pretty good movie. Today we went out to lunch with my mom at a local Mexican restaraunt. I usually don't eat much Mexican, but it was good. I had beef tostadas with guacamole. :]

Also, if anyone has any easy to make, fattening recipes to send my way, please feel free to do so. I'm on a mission to gain weight so I don't look so sickly anymore. :] And, I really want to gain weight before I get my shoulder piece, and I'm sick of waiting.

PS. Follow me on twitter and tumblr

PPS. Vanna has been announced as a part of the line up for Atticus Tour 2009. I seriously hope it comes near here, like Cleveland or even Columbus. I want to see the new guy, Davey. And their leg of the Poison the Well Tour comes nowhere near here.
August 19th, 2009 at 02:04am