My Rant on Medication for Kids.

Well, I'm ranting today because this is something I've been told I need to get on for a long time. In fact, I was on them for a long time... of course, what I'm talking about the usage of drugs meant for people over 18 used on children younger.

I was one of those kids... Were you? How did they make you feel? They made me go crazy. I used to only be a little irate, and when I had them in my system, It made it so much worse, and made me feel physically terrible.

I was a pretty normal kid. I just wanted to listen to rock records and do my homework. I got on meds because my mom didn't like me yelling at her like I did. Which, compared to the stint on the drug meant for someone 6+ years older than me at the time, that was nothing. I had no idea the evil, pain, insanity I could cause while on something like that.

That's partly why I just don't doddle in things like that. I don't want to waste time trying to find the 'right' drug when I realized I didn't want to be on anything at all. My mother mistook my moodiness for depression. I wasn't depressed, although it seemed like I was. I was happy in the dark.

Now, I'm pretty much done with the sudject. Basically, do NOT do something like medication unless you're in the age range, ask questions, and make sure you're okay with the side effects. And okay with how they'll make you.

Some drugs kids are put on are to make them zombies so that they won't have an ounce of fight left in them. The one my friend was on... just changed her. It was the worst Summer of my life.

Well, thanks for reading. :D
Mel.
August 21st, 2009 at 02:10pm