Sorry but I don't care about your problems. :]

You know, I've been thinking a bit here and I feel like there are a lot of people (though of course not everyone) who act like they care when you tell them about your problems. I mean, it's so painstakingly obvious that they're just being nice and trying not to trample your feelings to a pulp when they keep nodding and saying "Yeah...I'm so sorry you had to go through that..." and the way their voice trails off when you keep going on and on; that glazed look in their eyes that plainly displays their inescapable boredom.

So after I thought about it for a whole of twenty minutes I decided to let some of my pent up frustrations out and say I don't give a care about your problems.

That's right. This is to all the girls in school who feel like I'm that shoulder to lean on when they get themselves into drama. I'm not a tissue holder, I'm not a support system or an AA group speaker. I'm not that girl who'll come to your house with Rockey road ice cream and a chick flick to watch when you and your boyfriend break up after a month's boring relationship two years ago. I don't want to hear your sob stories about how much your life sucks - and that's to every emotionally unstable friend I've made throughout the years. And to the parents, cousins, aunts, and uncles I have - if I have to listen to another sob story about some relative that's ended up in jail that I don't even know about or never even heard of - I'm going to scream.

You may think you can make yourself feel better by either lying about the problems in your life or complaining about the ones you have, but honey, I do not have a door with a plaque that says Therapist on it, so don't come crying to me.

The community and its problems are not my own. I would much rather stay in my shiny little happy bubble with no care in the world than listen to another story about the drama you're experiencing today.

And I may sound selfish, but consider this a glimpse into the reality of some human nature. Sometimes you just don't care. And right now - since this is my journal - I don't see any use in fluffing it up for anyone. I'm not trying to sound like some apathetic "cool kid". I'm just letting it out today.

Anyhow.
I hope you have a nice day mibba. :D

~CI
September 4th, 2009 at 11:22pm