No matter how ridiculous rumors may be, you have to admit, they can be absolutely hilarious.

The latest rumor at school (regarding myself): "Denise is a transgender!"

Now there's a story behind this rumor. There's this kid named Dennis at my high school, right? He's a nineteen year old senior who I'm pretty good friends with. He's in my chemistry class and we talk when we get the chance, considering he sits kind of far away from me. Everyone's always known him as the "gay transgender" because, well, he does look like he's a girl trying to look like a guy. I know that he is truly a guy, though, and so does everyone else.

He actually started the whole "gay transgender" thing himself. He makes fun of everyone, including himself. Dennis is one of the few people that I know who can laugh at others and himself. A friend of his - Dave? I think - said something and called him a lesbian. Dennis was like, "You mean a gay transgender! I may have a vagina, but I believe I'm all man. I'll get a penis eventually!" And that was the beginning of Dennis being forever nicknamed the gay transgender of my high school.

Dennis, if you haven't realized, is the masculine version of my name, Denise. People tend to think I'm a boy when I have a baggy shirt on and my boobs aren't visible. That, and when they hear me talk they realize I'm a girl. But just looking at me, sometimes they wonder. They do the same with Dennis and everyone thinks I'm a lesbian. Put it all together and you get Denise the transgender.

People actually think I want to be a boy though, unlike Dennis. Dennis is much more popular than I am and he knows pretty much everyone in the school. People know he is a guy and he's gay and has no interest in being a girl - calling him transgendered is just because it's a joke to the school.

When people hear my name, they think "Dennis's junior twin". But some are strongly convinced I want to be a boy! No, I do not. I just like my hair slightly short (it's not that short) and I don't like to have my boobs out there for everyone to see. I dress "like a girl" some days, other days I dress like a slob, and some days I do dress rather boyish. I'm not the only female to do that, though.

Despite my complaints, I think it's really funny. High school rumors can be really...creative and well thought out. What's the funniest rumor you've heard?

------

I've been listening to such emo music lately! Right now, I'm listening to Scars by Papa Roach. I love this song, but it's sad. I'm in a good mood, but for some reason emo music is my world when I'm happy. Odd.

x.
November 18th, 2009 at 12:31am