I need help, I need advice.

Okay so here’s the deal. I’m 18 years old and my dad has been missing out of my life since I was born, my mother left him before I was born because she found out he was on drugs. I find no problem with that, she did the right thing. About six months ago I decide I want to meet my father, just because I don’t want to regret never taking the chance to meet him. I find him, find out I have a half sister who is four years younger than me (awesome, I love her) and I spend time with them both. Four months ago, my father was put in jail, again. I haven’t seen him since. I have met with his mother (my biological grandmother) and her husband; they don’t seem to like me very much. During the meeting my Uncle, Aunt and their two children decide to show up. My Aunt (not biological) was the only one that talked to me at all. Needless to say I felt awkward. I find out my biological aunt doesn’t even want to meet me, I feel so awkward that its kind of hard to take. Basically, my whole paternal size of the family hates me, they blame it on my screw up of a dad but really, shouldn’t it be that they hate him, not his offspring? You would think after so many years of them being without someone they miss, love and so desperately hated being taken away from them (they’re words, not mine) that they would welcome me with open arms and make me feel like I’m a princess or something but its been six months and I have yet to get a phone calls from anyone from that side of the family. They still consider that they have three nieces (my sister and my uncle’s two boys) or three grandchildren. I’m not good enough, I suppose and every time I corner someone they give me the same line, they missed me so much that they were devastated when I was taken away that they are shaken by me showing back up. Is it right of me to want to just say fuck you, I’m better off with the family I know, my mother’s side that loves me for who I am, not who I was born from?

Should I feel like I'm not good enough?
January 2nd, 2010 at 09:36am