I'm a horrible, ungrateful daughter . =(

Okay. So lately I've been bothering my dad about buying me my own horse. I've been riding for a really long time and I think that it's time to take my riding to the next level and getting my own horse to work with. Like, massively bugging him. Every day, I attempt to have a conversation with him about it. Sometimes he listens and sometimes he just says not now. I was getting kind of mad, because I had a good plan for paying for half of the fees on the horse and stuff and he didn't believe that I would hold up my end of the deal. Or so I thought.

My mom was away in Edmonton the last few days on business and it's been nice to spend a little time with my dad. We hung out, played some cards, ate some food, all that good father daughter stuff. And I kept bugging. Now, it may seem annoying, but I honestly just tried to bring it up in a casual manner, because it was something that I really really really wanted to discuss. He finally said, I'll think about it. Which I took as a yes, because I'm a foolish kid.

Anyways, my mom came home today, and my dad bought her a new ring. It was about a thousand dollars, so a nice ring. He'd recently bought my brother a new cross-bow. So, I was hoping... hey, is he getting me a horse? Perhaps wishful thinking. :/

So he tells me to come upstairs for a minute and I do. My dad hands me a cheque for EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS and says I'm sorry that I can't buy you a horse, baby. I just really can't afford it right now. But this will pay for an extra lesson every week.

I honestly wanted to cry. He looked so sad that he couldn't buy me a horse that I feel terrible for pestering him about it so much. I never even considered the fact that he already spends fifteen hundred dollars a year on lessons alone. So that doesn't even cover my equipment and competition fees. And then he's giving me another eight hundred dollars to pay for more lessons. I feel like the worst, most awful daughter in the world. I want to cry because I can't believe that I only thought about me the whole time and because it truly makes him sad that he can't buy me a horse and he really wants to.

I'm sorry daddy.
March 15th, 2010 at 05:57am