I'm Dying My Black Hair Blonde

Wheee! This is so BORING. Waiting that is. I'm bleaching it myself so naturally I'm home... with a computer.... waiting for the bleach. It smells awful and I think I may have messed up a little. I'm not bleaching my ENTIRE head, but some layers underneath my top ones... and then later on I'm going to a salon and getting more layers and bangs. I planned this perfectly so that if I messed up, the hair person could fix the damage.

I'm trying to get it as close to white as possible, but not actually bleaching it to a point where it's white. It'd murder my hair to a bloody pulp, that's why toner exists. I got this blue/violet stuff that's suppose to take the brassy/orange/red/yellow out so that it appears more white. It'll be so... Idk, I have no idea what to expect.

My dad is helping me, and is surprisingly good. He's still a little sloppy though. He did one side and I did the other. I hope this won't be weird looking because of the way I parted it... this is probably the worst idea ever but I only get one life to live, and if I wanna ruin my hair thinking I'll look punk afterwards, by golly I'm gunna do it! I just hope it doesn't turn out HORRIBLE. Chances are, it will though.

So, my question to you, readers, is: Have you ever dyed/bleached your own hair at home? If so, what color?
April 20th, 2010 at 12:01am