Some Advice Please? (you have to be open minded)

Oh my god. I need a good, old fashioned rant festival right now. Ok. So my boyfriend up until tonight is 37 years old, I am 17. We have literally been through HELL and back to be together. I have over came self injury, self issues, and for once in my life I felt like somebody really loved me for who I was. We were together for nine months, four of those months were secret but then the police found out and investigated. He lost his job, he was once the editor of the local newspaper so he ended up on unemployment. I left my family, and moved into a small apartment with him and I actually thought we had our act together. I had a part time job, and I was going to school, and he sat around and got unemployment and hid in the house because he was scared of people degrading him because he was a "pervert" or "pedophile". Well anyways, he promised me that he would be with me forever and he would never leave me.
I could sense that he was feeling the pressure of being the town pedophile so I asked him if he would like me to move out. We had very little money, and I missed my family, so moving back in wouldn't be all that bad, except I made him promise me that we weren't going to grow apart.
A month after I moved out I tried calling him all day. I drove by his house to make sure he was there, and didn't like flee the town and his car was there. When I drove by again later on it was gone. Clearly he was moving around, and he should have been answering my calls. So finally I get a very long facebook inbox message about how my age was just too much pressure for him, and he hated how people hated him. I think he should have thought about that nine months ago. This came pretty much out of nowheres. Am I crazy for being upset over this? I mean. I love him so much. And I still do. He made me a better person, he never pressured me to do anything. When we met, he didn't even know my age (i look about 25). I know that the age difference is immense, but, i am almost eighteen. What do you guys think. Some advice would be nice. He wont give me any answers.
June 25th, 2010 at 05:09am