LASIK Will be the Death of Me

I wear glasses. And I have for almost eight years.
It may not look like I do in my pictures but I do, I just don't wear them infront of the camera lense.
I wanted contact lenses; atleast that's what I thought. My optometrist gave me some test-run contact lenses but I can hardly get them on; even with my mom helping me. My eyes are too sensitve and twitchy for contacts and I'm sick of glasses.
I've been giving careful consideration for LASIK Eye Surgery. I know that the possibility of thigns going wrong during the surgery are pretty rare but the thought of being wide awake, during the whole thing really freaks me out.
That's one of the cons, one of the pros is that it only takes six minutes and once again, the chances of something going wrong are really slim. I haven't been able to see clear since I was probably about seven or eight and I really really wanna wear sunglasses again.
Like those big Paris Hilton ones! :D
My mom even considered getting it done with me as a sort of mother-daughter kind of thing.
I wanna do it so bad, but I don't wanna be awake.
One of my biggest fears has always been going under the knife and not fully being out cold.
I hate pain (like everyone else in the world) but I want to see again and have people look at my face and not my big glasses.
Oh this is just FUCKTACULAR :3
July 2nd, 2010 at 02:17am