I hate going to the Stories section to see a story with a freaking cliche title. [rant]

Does anyone else hate that too? It really irks me to see that. It's like people have no creativity when thinking of a title so they just put the plot as the title.
Example = He's the famous rock star and I'm the average girl. It can't be love can it?!
(I don't know if that's a actual story of not but if it is and you don't want me to bag on it PM me and I can change the name.)
I mean your basically just telling me what's going to happen in the story!

It just really bothers me. And on top of that It makes me think the story is going to be as horrible and cliche as the title. I hate looking at stories with a obvious title, I hate reading stories with a obvious title and I dislike people who encourage the person with the obvious title that it's the greatest thing in the world thus preventing them to think of real title's for a story that could be the awesomest thing in the world. yep.

And sadly enough I'm starting to see more and more titles like that on Mibba. Anyone else noticing that too? I wish there was some type of rule on it. I would really hate to see that in 2 years Mibba being the new quizilla.

And also If you read this and your story had some type of cliche title don't be offended, I'm not targeting anyone in specific just take it under consideration that a cliche title isn't creative and fairly annoying. And I didn't make this journal for those who are biased and have closed minds.
I want to know what you guys think about it and am I the only one who rolls there eye's when they see a cliche title.

Also please don't argue.
August 21st, 2010 at 11:35pm