I Refuse To Conform To Your Idea Of Image

My parents told me before that they don't want me wearing frilly scarves and such because they don't want assholes picking on me for it. I actually believed them, too.

Well, I just discovered that it's really because they don't want me to be seen being myself. They don't want their perfect fucking image smeared. Well fuck that. I wear what I want, when I want. Let them have their image, I refuse to be apart of it.

It happened a few mins ago when my Dad's friend came over to drop off some chairs. I wore my friends Purple Scarf in a shawl-form, where it kind of came down my arms and flittered when I moved. Anyway, when my parents saw it they glared at me, and my mom whispered angrily "TAKE IT OFF" -.-

As far as I know, my dad's friend wasn't one of those "Assholes" they talked about. And I'm also in the house, where no one could even see me but them. So what was the reason for them wanting me to take it off? It's obvious they don't want me to be seen like this.

Their image... I had problems with it before, where they actually hid my pink scarf from me and pretended not to know where it was for like, 2 weeks. They still deny it, but then how did it get stuffed under a seat in the car perfectly wrapped up so I wouldn't notice it?

The point of this journal is to say that I am me, and I do not conform to how others (Not even my parents) think I should look. I dress how I want, act like I want, be who I am.

I'm just waiting for a day when the people around me will accept that.
September 4th, 2010 at 09:01pm