Another little girl with daddy issues

I’ve been missing my Dad a lot lately, I mean I talk to him everyday on the phone since he and my mum split back in 2007 and I get to see him once or twice, maybe even three times a year if I save up enough but the last few months I’ve been feeling like I’ve been replaced or left out in a way.

My Dad remarried last year in July, which I didn’t have a problem with I went, gave him away at the altar and everything’s was alright but since I went across the country to see him; because he lives in WA and I in QLD it’s been too different.

I can’t relate or even see anything left of my old Dad, he does things he never used and never call’s me Amb anymore which upsets me since it’s always been his name for me.

Because I don’t see him often, I want things to be like I remembered when he was around. I was all “Hey Dad can we go fishing like we used to?” I dislike fishing but I wanted to feel like he was familiar and that’s how I remember Dad.

I’ve never felt so crushed in my life until he said “Oh nah, Juliet doesn’t like fishing” Juliet is his new wife and it’s not that I hate her it’s just I don’t know how to relate to her; she has two kids of her own 12 and 14 both girls.

I miss the things I used to do with Dad, I miss having him around and I’ve never been a person for emotional want but lately it’s been down putting when I see post form my new step siblings saying ‘I’ve got the bet Mum and Jim on the planet” Jim being my dad, it’s hurtful.

I’ve tried talking to him about it and everything but all he does is clam up and say he loves me and wouldn’t replace me, he even took me fishing along with her and her kids which I was excited for but that soon died in the bum because all he done was worry about when Juliet wanted to go home.

I guess I’m just being over sensitive about things or even over analysing it; childish even but I still want to have a Dad as much as the next person.
March 8th, 2011 at 09:35am