My Life Sucks....and other angsty complaints.

I was just educated on the apparently "Awesome" lives of the two teenage web celebrities "Jessi Slaughter" and "Kiki Kannibal". And all I can say is, "Really? REALLY?!?!"

They are proof some people should not have the right to breed. Granted, those girls were what, 11 and 13 when they started posing in pics in underwear and too much make up? The fact is, they were testing limits, going into puberty they were experimenting their sexual limits for their age.

Their PARENTS should have been the ones to say "I know you want to feel flattered, and loved and going into 'woman hood' feel the need to express yourself in certain ways, but this should not be one of them". Don't get me wrong I'm not against taking nude pics, semi-nude pics. I think the majority have at least taken a few (and afterwards promptly deleting them, I don't know, what ever floats your boat).

Well I'm actually not sure about Jessi Slaughter but I do know that Kiki Kannibal took semi-nudes.

But a part of me is just smug. As an 11-14 year old I looked up to girls like that. Now, being two months shy of 18 I can't believe I wanted to be one of them. They live in fear of stalkers, hate mail, and they still can't stay away from the internet. If anything I'm more than anything they'll become.

I have no fear of walking out my door, I'm not bullied at school, my boyfriend of more than a year who loves AND respects me as an individual and a woman who has a mind of her own and is damn proud of it. I have parents who truly look out for me and are not afraid to tell me to turn off the computer and go to bed/out/do homework/ what have you.

These girls FEED and THRIVE off internet comments. While I feed and thrive off of real life experiences. While I'm working my butt off at Haagen Dasz as an ice cream counter girl, going home late to do homework quickly in hopes of a ten minute call from my boyfriend, and working towards going to UCLA they're taking pictures of themselves.

I'm glad I'm not, nor will I ever be a scene queen.
May 3rd, 2011 at 06:46am