So, Mibba, I Thought I'd Never Say This, but I Kind of Regret Not Going to Prom.

I don't know why exactly I do because ever since I was four, I've had my mind set on not going. I mean, I haven't been to a dance since seventh grade and haven't worn a dress since I was very, very little. Let's face it now, dresses are not my thing.

I had this whole thing planned out, too. I was going to go next year, since it's my senior year, and then maybe I'd have a crap ton of fun. Why the heck was I so wrong?

Maybe it's the fact that I've gotten closer to some of the seniors through my public speaking class. Maybe it's even the fact that I've developed a crush on one of the seniors, and I'm too chicken to do anything about it.

Mibba, I think I'm losing my mind over this boy. I mean, I thought he wasn't going, but I guess his friends talked him into it. I don't know anymore, I just don't. So, in thinking he wasn't going, I kind of figured more that I wasn't going to go.

What happens today, though? I get on Facebook and see pictures of him at prom. Admittedly, my heart sank a lot. It's weird, too because I've never felt... this head over heels for a guy before. I mean, I've been trying to tell myself that I'm just looking for someone, but this guy is not going to be a rebound boy; he's way too sweet for that.

I don't even have the guts to tell him I like him. Heh, maybe I just really enjoy the fact that someone as cute as him is talking to me ('cause we all know my self esteem has a mind of its own).

But yeah, Mibba, I really regret not going to prom last night... :/ Even admitting it comes as a shock to me...
May 7th, 2011 at 11:54pm