Lies of Love?

To me, love is a tad misjudged. Young teenage couples used it to describe how they felt about someone after just a day of dating. I love you was one of the last things my sort-of-ex said to me before dating someone else. It seems that so many people are blinded by what the word love is supposed to mean. And those same people are so focused on the fact that they love their partner to look past that and see all the things wrong with the relationship.

I know I'm in love. But even he has an image on this head of what a relationship is supposed to be, instead of thinking about what we both want as a couple. I am waiting for the day that I witness a young couple with that look of everlasting love. The kind of love you only saw with old married couple sitting on a park bench, just enjoying each others company. There is too much divorce, there are too many stupid people that just fling the word love around like a piece of paper.

Perhaps many may feel that I'm too young to know if I'm in love. How can I say I'm in love and tell others that they aren't? I suppose again, just like my boyfriend, there is an image of what love should be. That little flutter in your heart. Or the fact that I can stare into his eyes for hours and still be hypnotized. But it still makes me sad to see others crying over something that one they love said. If they loved you, the only tears you cry should be ones of laughter and happiness.
May 24th, 2011 at 03:49am