This is a rant; about religion, no less.

NOTE: This is in no way shape or form directed towards anyone on Mibba. This is simply as what the title states: a rant.

Alright. So, I hate how people are quick to judge others just by their religion. LaVeyan Satanism, a religious practice founded by Anton LaVey sometime in the late 60s, is an example. You hear the words 'Satan' and automatically think, "Oh my goodness, these people worship the devil. To hell with all of them!" Well, if you took the time to actually discover other beliefs, then maybe you would know that the Church of Satan doesn't worship any higher being other than the self.

These people use Satan as a symbol for the way we act today, for our nature; how we pursue our life. Yes, when reading the Satanic Bible - though I'm sure neither of you would ever DARE reading for fear of actually discovering something that makes more sense than their believing in God - you will find spells - including those of a lesser and greater magic - and indications that there are, indeed, werewolves walking this Earth.

But who are you to judge what these people believe in? They believe in the spirit, the fluidity of your actions, of nature. Of your self-control and how you are able to stand out on your own.

I blew up when I found quite negative reviews and constant insults projected towards the once high priest of the Church of Satan, LaVey himself. Not because I, myself, believe in his teachings, but because I'm just disgusted with the audacity of some people who judge others by what they practice or what they base their life around. I mean, a lot of people will take one look at Marilyn Manson, also a Satanist, and deem him as the most disgusting man on Earth. Is he that much of a piece of scum, or more of a lyrical genius?

It's revolting. It's like World War II all over again.

I guess I'll end this note by saying that I am an avid believer in the higher power that is God. But I am also a curious little cat that enjoys reading up on different philosophies of life. And let me tell you, people, it doesn't hurt - and I guarantee that it won't end with a one-way ticket to Hell - to learn what other religions are about before you judge them.

Feel free to leave comments, but please none telling I'm a vile person. If you wanna sink down to that level, send it in a message.
July 5th, 2011 at 07:41am