AMERICA LOL. What they talk about in American History Classes... Commentswap/Questions

Image

First off, I feel inclinded to tell you that I love Jack Johnson.

Because you know, he's the king of beach rock and beach rock is amazing, especially if you can surf which I learned three years ago. Anyway, he's seriously fantastic do any of you share my love for this guy right here? DO YOU UNDERSAND MY DEVOTION TO HIS MUSIC?!

So I was talking to my friend from Eland yesterday and the topic of what we learn in America history classes came up because I pointed out that we won the war (Revolutionary one) and she was like "Whatverr" and then I relaized, that in my history classes we only talk about other countries if we're talking about how much we save their asses or screwed them over, seriously. I couldn't tell you anything about Winston Churchill except that FDR and him were tight because of WWII. And then like, it's just stupid, because of course they put this American spin on everything to make us look always like the heros, but then why does the rest of the world hate us? EVEN IN THE SOUTH THE TEACH THE CIVIL WAR DIFFERENTLY! It's so stupid, it's like: IT CANNOT BE BOTH WAYS and because I love 'MERICA I have to believe the way i was taught wsa the right way but it probably wasn't.

Isn't that weird how people learn the same events totally differently? Gosh I wonder how Germany teaches WWI and WWII.... wow that would be so effing weird.

WE SWAP ON THINGS YOU LEAVE BEHIND NOW?! YES.

Image

Questions:
1. DO YOU REGRET NOTHING?!
2. DO YOU LOVE JACK JOHNSON?
3. Do you think History is funny like that?
August 8th, 2011 at 04:47pm