Turning People Gay!?

Believe it or not, there are actually people who still believe in this!

As I have said before, I live in a small country town in the middle-of-nowhere, Canada, and my ears have heard such things as "Can people be turned gay?". No wonder everyone thinks that the country dwellers are ignorant and stupid people, (not judging, just stating what people think. I'm a country person myself).

I still can't believe this! By saying this, it's insulting to the entire gay community, and , of course, myself! These people believe that they can actually, as if by magic, turn a straight human being into a gay one. I'm seriously not kidding.

It's not like we choose to be gay one day. I don't wake up in the morning, (and nor do the others) and go, "Hmmm, I think that gay is a good choice today!" ....honestly we don't do that!

People who believe this are ignorant, and won't try to understand that it is one hundred percent natural that gay is here to stay. It is natural and no matter what, it can not be caught like a flu or can be started by bad relationships.

When we come out of the closet, we just want to be accepted for who we are and that it is okay for us to be this way. It hurts me, and everyone else, that some people can just "change" to gay, or vice versa.

I have watched many shows in the past few days on the OWN network about these "Pray the Gay Away" camps that exist in North America...and this just makes me sick. There are some religious people that actually believe that if someone is gay, that by praying to God and Jesus that they can be "saved"....what!? How can you possibly think that this can be changed....seriously it is a NATURAL PHENOMENON...and it CAN NOT be CHANGED!

People must learn this....gay can't happen because you did something wrong or because they chose it...and it is SURE NOT A DISEASE!

Learn this.

Note: How do you feel about this discussion?
September 3rd, 2011 at 11:35pm