North Carolina Gay Marriage Ban, Passes Vote

It makes me sick Mibba, I can't even right now. Can't even.

Image

I honestly have nothing to say, I threw up after I read a few articles about this. How dare anyone take someone's right away. Pretty sure God is the only one that can judge me, not them and their hypocritical a---. I mean honestly why would you even!

Image

Tami Fitzgerald, who heads the pro-amendment group Vote FOR Marriage NC, said she believes the initiative awoke a silent majority of more active voters in the future.

"I think it sends a message to the rest of the country that marriage is between one man and one woman," Fitzgerald said at a celebration Tuesday night. "The whole point is simply that you don't rewrite the nature of God's design based on the demands of a group of adults."


Image

I am GAY and I have faith in GOD. If you want to say that being homosexual is a sin and I am going to hell then if you have ever worked on Sunday, got a piercing, tattoo, or eaten shellfish I will see you there. (Leviticus, check it out beyond one line)

Hypocrites. There are no words for my rage right now.

State House Speaker Thom Tillis, a Republican from a Charlotte suburb, said earlier in the day that even if the amendment passed, it would be reversed as today's young adults age – within 20 years. "It's a generational issue," Tillis told a student group at North Carolina State University in March about the amendment he supports.

Image

"I've always been adamant that gay and lesbian Americans should be treated fairly," Obama told Roberts, in an interview that will air in full on ABC's "Good Morning America" Thursday.

"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married," he said.

While some are saying the fact he finally stepped up and said something about it, have to be reals tic that he can't do much. (I also in general don't support any of his economic policies so that may taint my opinion of him.)

I just want to punch someone.

When did it become Constitutional for the majority to vote on the civil rights of the minority?
May 9th, 2012 at 09:58pm