I Forgave The Girl Who Crashed Into My Best Friend.

May 13, 2007.

A young girl, who just turned 16, named Nicole was driving home pass curfew after a few drinks at a party.

My best friend and his girlfriend, who just got done spending a weekend at a cabin, Ryan(19) and Lindsey(17) were driving home.

My best friend protected his girlfriend and went flying through the windshield. Nicole was mutual friends with these people. When the transported Ryan to the hospital(Life flighted) Nicole was shown how bad he was.

3 weeks later on June 1, 2007.. Ryan Gene Milem passed away at the age of 19.

I thought I forgave her in 2010.. I wished her "Happy birthday" 'cause I thought that's what people wanted me to do. Then I realized, I didn't forgive her. If I see her, I keep quiet. Everyone else has forgiven her..even my brother.

Today, is her birthday. So, as a "mind present" I told myself "Today is the day I'm forgiving Nicole for hitting Ryan. She deserves it." It's been 5 years and I now know that, yes she did hit him. But, the hospital didn't help as much as they could.

Why you ask?

He had a SEVERE brain injury, as you would when you go flying out a car. The day he died, he complained of a headache. They didn't check him. My best friend was a live for one week after the accident. And, since the hospital didn't check his head after he kept saying his head hurt.. they transported him and he passed away.

I'll never forgive the hospital, but I forgave Nicole.

Rest In Paradise Ryan. I miss you so much. <3

-xxRachele
July 28th, 2012 at 01:14am