Okay, I'm unbelievably pissed off.

My harmless, ten-year-old, sweetheart of a dog now has a record with animal control.

The lady next door has these two kids who are always running around outside, playing with our dogs. The entire neighborhood loves our dogs, right? They're everyone's best friends. Our dogs are incredible. But, apparently, this lady had a pet guinea pig that I didn't even know existed in the first place. The thing lived in a little pen in their backyard, with a fence that was only a foot high. Which is stupid, considering there are predatory birds that eat rabbits in the field behind our houses. That guinea pig was toast, either way.

So, the kids are playing with our dogs while my parents and their mom were out front talking. Their backyard gate was open. While no one was paying attention, our older dog wandered into their backyard, found the guinea pig, and killed it.

Now. There are a few things here.

First of all, I'm not sure if I know a dog who wouldn't go after a defenseless guinea pig. Especially considering my dog has been playing out in the fields and chasing squirrels and rabbits her entire life. To her, a guinea pig is no different.

Another thing is that everyone who has lived in that house, before, has allowed our dog in and out of their house and backyard whenever she wants. That's how much people love her. She couldn't have known whether or not it was okay to be back there, and they left the gate open, either way.

So, this lady freaks and calls animal control. And now, if my dog gets one more complaint, they might euthanize her. You know, only my best friend since I was six-years-old. No big deal.

I'm so fucking pissed. How dare she? She's willing to possibly cause the death of my childhood pet over a fucking guinea pig? That scumbag.
July 29th, 2012 at 07:44pm