This is how I feel about Amanda Todd + her youtube video.

I was going to post this as my Facebook status, but because I wouldn't be able to stop laughing at the silly kids who argued with me and would call me things, I'll post it here. At least I know you guys are going to be respectful about my opinion.

"Shut up about Amanda Todd. She showed her boobs to some random guy on a webcam, he stalked her and she killed herself. Get over it. It's her fault the guy knew her name. It's her fault the guy contacted her on Facebook. She shouldn't have been talking to strangers on a webcam to begin with. 30,000 people kill themselves a year. Just because she was "pretty" doesn't make her any better than the other 29,999 people who are going to or have already killed themselves this year."

Well, that's what I honestly think.

You know what? I've been made fun of. I've sat by myself, all alone, at lunch for two years straight. Did I go and kill myself? No.

But it all boils down to her. It's her fault that the picture was on the web. IT IS HER FAULT. She shouldn't have cammed with strangers. She shouldn't have 'met new people'. Go to a public event where other teenagers are going to be. Go to a party. Meet new people there, not people 300,000 miles away who are probably 30+ years old. She shouldn't have showed her boobs. It's all her fault. If she knew anything about online safety, she wouldn't have gone through all that.

It’s pretty much all her fault. She talked to strangers online. She showed her boobs to a STRANGER. I don’t care if she knew them for a year, he was a stranger. She should have known not to trust anyone online. Give me a fucking break.

Getting ‘bullied’ wasn’t her fault. But she could have, oh, I don’t know, stood up for herself, told her parents and moved to a different school? Asked her parents to press charges against the man? Taken responsibility for her own actions? Yeah. She could have done that.

Yes, the people who beat her up and taunted her on Facebook were mean to do so. But really, she is the one to take the blame. If she didn’t talk to strangers on the internet and show her boobs, then this would have never happened to her.

It angers me that she acted as if NONE OF IT was her fault in the video she posted on Youtube. When it comes down to it, it was her fault. She cammed with strangers. She showed her breasts, online, to a stranger. She started this all, and she ended it. Don’t pity her because she did something wrong, couldn’t take responsibility for her own actions, and then chose to kill herself. Like I said above, there’s an average or 30,000 suicides a year. Just because she was “pretty” doesn’t mean she should receive the amount of attention she’s getting.

This is not meant to offend anyone. This is what I think of her and the whole situation.

Also, you can’t call me a hypocrite for talking to people on Mibba. No one from Mibba knows where I live, no one from Mibba knows what I look like, I’ve never gotten on a webcam with anyone I’ve never met in real life, and no one has seen any part of my body.
October 14th, 2012 at 10:40pm