soapy's and CharmedLuna's owns dont's on smut writing

This is purely just our own opinion so no need to get shitty and upset about it all.

We’ve both read a lot of smut on mibba and while some may be better than others, there are just a few things that annoy us.

Now of course write what you want, but to me, the most thing is that it HAS to be believable. You’ve got to have your reader believe what they are reading is true.

Sometimes that doesn’t always happen with smut…

So this is just a little tip guide for writing smut by me, featuring CharmedLuna!

1.DO NOT CALL THE VAGINIA A LOVE HOLE
soapy: a vagina is not a love hole, nor a tunnel of love. It is a vagina okay. Not a “special” place for a guy to put his dick. It’s a vagina and the lady can do whatever they want with it because its their vagina, not a love hole.
CharmedLuna: no. just never call it that. it makes you sound like a 12 year old.

2.DON’T USE PUSSY OR COCK TOO MUCH
there are plenty of words for these two, mix it up a bit.
google it.
and then detele your history.

3.THE HUMAN TONGUE CAN NOT REACH THE G-SPOT
nothing needs to be said about this. come on.

4. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON ANAL
soapy: ... not a fan of anal lol
CharmedLuna: always use lube. honestly, do your research because in real life, it can cause real harm to just stick it in there.

5.A VAGINA IS A VAGINA
soapy & CharmedLuna: URGH! im so sick of seeing shit in fanfics about vaginas being shaved clean and that its cleaner. does anyone know anything about vaginas? having it shaved or not has got nothing to do with hygiene. it all comes down to personal preferences. how can people think ew when they see hair down there. hair is ALL over your body some more noticeable than others. but you're suppose to have hair down there so no need to be all grossed out. and the vagina is self cleaning so you don't need to do anything to "help" it. IN FACT cleaning your vagina with body wash is really really bad. so let your vagina look after itself. cause it can.
& i would just like to say that if a guy EVER asks you shave your vagina just tell him to fuck off. if he doesn't like it he can get the fuck out and go fuck a vagina that looks like a 6 year olds.

6.DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LONG AND THICK
soapy: i cant lol. so many romance novels are just like that.
CharmedLuna: it is fanfic, but come on! be different and make it different. it can be just 'thick' so it stretches or just 'long' so it can reach the g-spot.

7.READ READ READ READ READ
read lots and lots of other peoples work because you dive into writing smut.
CharmedLuna: Do not ever consider Fifty Shades as a guide to the BDSM world
soapy: christian grey isnt even a proper dom. that bitch got away with so much shit. plus its was originally a bella and edward story ha.

BOOKS/AUTHORS TO CHECK OUT
Diary of a Submissive - a true story by Sophie Morgan
Gena Showalter Atlantis Novels
Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield
Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowlands series
Maya Banks (anything)
Shayla Black
Lora Leigh
Opal Carew

Please remember this is our opinion and we do not mean to be bitches, but after a while of writing smut... we know a thing or two.
January 3rd, 2013 at 07:29am