AHLICE reccomends some stories, dawg ; WEEK 1

Week 1 of my story recommendation blog! I read mostly original fiction, also One Direction fanfics, so my recommendation will be pretty much only those types of stories. If you want me to check out your story to recc it for the next week, just post a link in the comments and I'll maybe choose one to do. So let's get this shit started, yo.

First recommendation: LOVE LOST by triforce;
Why: It's not yet complete, but it's amazing so far. It's an One Direction fan fiction and the pairing is Liam/Zayn. First of all, the layout is amazing, but I don't judge stories by layouts [although it's a perk]. Triforce; is SUCH a good writer, and the way she puts their thoughts and action into each chapter is beautiful. If this is your thing, you really should consider reading it and please give her some love. Really. Comment. Recommend. Something. Show her you care.

Second recommendation: COME HOME HOLLAND by saeglopur
Why: Another good layout, most defs. But, writing-wise, the plot is very original, and very, very intriguing. There's this Stockholm syndrome thing going on, and it's just so mesmerizing. All of the thoughts, how the first chapter begins is beautiful to me, and even the summary is amazing. I don't know; I find myself loving everything this author writes and does. I just wish she'd continue this so bad! Give her love and encouragement if you decide you love this just as much as me!

Third recommendation: FLOWERS OF WINTER by to infinity
Why: It's so simple and lovely, man! On top of how haunting the type of writing is, I find myself really liking the main character [Roo] and it's like she's on the brink of insanity. How she reacts so oddly to things, and even the latest chapter and what happened to her, is just so good and I'd really love to see how it goes. Please read this and give this author love in the comments if you also want to read more. She's very talented.

Fourth recommendation: THE DAY BEFORE by mouth.
Why: This K-pop fanfiction is really good to me. How she sets everything up [but not too much] in the beginning made me read faster and faster, and the dialogue just sounds natural. Not to mention the entire plot of the story is a type of plot that has always intrigued me [I'm not going to say what it is because you should read to find out!] and I've always had a soft spot for K-pop fanfiction. And that last sentence of the one-shot just gives me shivers, man. Please read this and give feedback, everyone.

===


STORY THAT NEEDS MORE LOVE: First Encounter by assylazilla
Why: A long slash one-shot, but it's fucking amazing, everyone. I don't even know how to begin. If you like slash and amazing writers that are descriptive and poetic and perfect, read this. Please.

And that's pretty much all for this week. Thanks for reading, all that did!

January 27th, 2013 at 09:32pm