Negative Nancy.

We all know what I'm talking about. Sometimes I wonder why some people are even on this site at all other than to bitch and moan about things. Stating your opinion and discussing the things you dislike once in a while is one thing. We all need a place to let off some steam, but when all you ever talk about is what you dislike or hate in every story you fucking read, then you're just a Negative Nancy plain and simple.

I think some people just read stories and LOOK for things to not like in it, because one person can't hate everything surely or at least I would hope not.

Not everyone is a best selling writer on here. Not all of us are master authors and that should be remembered while reading other people's work. This used to be a place where people could write what they wanted and not be bashed for it. A site where you practice writing and try to actually excel as a writer. Now a days a lot of people are scared to even post anything because they are afraid of the negativity they will receive. I've seen this go on in not only stories, but in blogs too.

I'm not talking about feedback or constructive criticism either. Those things are fine to an extent. What really bothers me that I see goes on on here is, a person will either write a blog or leave a comment on someone's story in a certain way just enough so that it isn't considered "bashing," but it still gets the point across that they disliked or down right hated the story or that author's piece. If you hate the story, then don't comment at all and keep your negativity to yourself.

Most of all, don't go commenting someone's story and lie through your teeth saying you enjoyed it and then posting a blog talking crap about it. That's what we call being, "two face." Also I'll state that this isn't about me or my account on here. No one ever talks shit to me at least that I ever see, I just see this go on with so many other people. What happened to this site being here to uplift and encourage new writers?

It's a sad day when writers stop wanting to post or write on here altogether because of the negativity they may receive. I know negativity is crucial in helping people grow, but not when it's ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I'm not trying to preach or get on to anyone, but just remember when you are downing someone's work, unless you are a published author or some writing teacher, you really have no room to judge how someone else writes.
May 13th, 2013 at 10:02pm