Normandy likes her Men (Mostly) like she likes her Spiders--Dead.

Everyone keeps doing these most attractive men posts and I'm sitting here wondering just what the hell is wrong with me because everyone I see in these posts is alive (with the exception of that guy from Avenged Sevenfold) and I'm just over here like oh hey, old hollywood. Y'all are dead. But y'all are some hot-ass dead dudes. So without further wait; Normandy's favorite (mostly men and mostly dead) people.

Image
OH HEY THERE FRENCH SUNSHINE. This is Alain Delon; gorgeous French actor I caught in a revamp of some Edgar Allen Poe tales on TV one night. This guy. I can't even. Just... yes.

Image
Anthony Perkins. Yes, that's the dude from Psycho. But I love Alfred Hitchcock and I love the people he works with and JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE. TELL ME IT ISN'T LOVEABLE. I DON'T CARE IF HE CROSS DRESSES AS MOMMA HE'S STILL STUNNING.

Image
James Dean. East of Eden is one of my favorite movies. And James Dean was honestly impossible not to fall in love with during it. I don't even understand it, but it's unfortunate his life was cut so short; because holy jeez, he was a phenomenal actor. Knowing that at the time of his death he was signed on for at least ten more films truly breaks my heart.

Image
Mads Mikkelsen. I just finished watching Hannibal the TV show and I cannot express to you the level of fascinating captivation this man is as the character of Hannibal Lector. I was on pins and needles waiting for his scenes, and he takes such a twisted character and made it all but impossible to truly hate him. He is phenomenal. Not to mention he does that thing where he rolls up his sleeves while he's wearing a super nice suit and vest and ugh holy crap he is wonderful.

Image
Marina. I can't even describe my love for this girl. Maybe it's because she exudes that old hollywood charm I'm so very much enamored with; maybe it's because I love her music so very much. Or maybe it's both. But this woman is utterly captivating on many levels.

Image
Robert Redford. I am a sucker for blondes. And then you put them in a suit and it's ding ding ding jackpot. There could not be a better match in my personal opinion. Also, have any of you seen how well this man ages? It's unreal. Like holy crap even in his sixties he looked like a 10/10 would bang. I'm just saying.

I'm sure there are more, and I'll get to them later. But as you can see I've got a (slight) problem with old hollywood. I can't even explain it myself. THEY ARE ALL JUST SO GORGEOUS.

Do any of you have crushes from that era of film?
July 2nd, 2013 at 10:42pm