What's going on with slut shaming?

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but it seems like everyone is posting and talking about slut shaming a lot. I'm just wondering if there was something that happened to spark this or is this just a Mibba thing? XD Was there some protest or something that I missed out on in the media?

To be honest, I don't really understand the "big deal". It seems like a really hot topic, and I personally just don't understand why. Especially to the extent that people are jumping down other people's throats when they simply mention the word slut.

I don't get why people care so much. It's someone's opinion. If they want to think something is slutty, let them. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. As long as you don't think you're a slut, why do you care so much what everyone else thinks?

To me, Mibba is becoming hostile because some people are taking things too far, and I don't like it at all. They're trying to stand up for their "cause", but it's just creating a hostile environment to me. It makes me really uncomfortable, personally. I'd just like to see everyone get along, so I don't see the point in commenting mean things on someone else's blogs, especially when they weren't asking for a debate of any kind. I just don't get it.
August 7th, 2013 at 05:40am