Everything is 1D

Okay, I understand. They are a new, young, hot band full of British accents. What girl doesn't love that? But it starts to get annoying when everything you see is One Direction. What about the other bands? Does anyone remember Skillet? Well, they just brought out a new and awesome album called "Rise". What about Boys Like Girls? Remember Gwen Stefani? The Fray? Green Day, people! Not even a shout for 3 Doors Down? Cheap Trick? Those are older and awesome bands and artists! I really hope no one forgot about Kid Rock. But, I mean, EVERYWHERE I go: 1D T-Shirts--Half OFF!!!, 1D Hats, 1D Posters, 1D Fan Fictions! People write about each of these artists, most likely. But how long ago did you go back to your story? How long has it been since you've read that old and dusty page covered by the piles of 1D merchandise? I know, I write about the bands I love, too. But this is overwhelming for me. I don't think I was hit this hard since Fall Out Boy said they were coming back together. I was hit even harder when the took a 3 year hiatus. And I was NINE! I don't really care for all that poppy stuff now, it hurts my ears and my head. Please, remember the "oldies". None of them are oldies, though. Except for Cheap Trick. They are all fairly new, the late 90s and early 00s. Please, don't get sucked into the 1D heartthrob. Well, do it, but don't melt. I don't like melting. REMEMBER THE BANDS!
August 16th, 2013 at 08:39am