A7X fanfiction recs!

I pretty much finished everything I needed to do for school apart from the final exams which are a month away. So I have this much free time. I'll get started on my stories soon. But right now, I want to recommend you some of my favourite stories during the 5 years that I have been on this website. For me, the criteria for an excellent story is: no cliche plotlines and good grammar, basically. Many of these stories are already completed and some are still going today. There is some stories that are so excellent but they never get updated. D: Those won't be included though. Enjoy!

All Along by jettabug

I normally don't really read slash but this one is one of the few that I enjoy reading. This is a Bratt, a gritty, sloppy, realistic Bratt story. There is no fluff, no rainbows, no romance. It drew me in with it's blunt detail. The emotions are carefully detailed. This is also tastefully done, especially when the characters seem so close to the real thing that to breaches into the uncomfortable but jettabug does it with such finesse that it doesn't matter. If you're a big fan of Bratt or slash in general, this is for you.

Spellbound and Scream by Brian Haner Jr.

Brian Haner Jr. is undoubtedly one of the best writers on this site. Many of her stories, most specifically Scream and it's sequel, Nightmare, exploded with hundreds of comments and recommendations - for a good reason.

With Scream, I came across it when it was just starting out on the first chapter. It is so detailed and each character is different that each of them are memorable. Many other stories would throw in lots of people and within minutes, you would completely forget them. But this one is not the case. This story brings you into unpredictable twists and turns that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Nothing in this story is boring and everything always have a tinge of suspense... along with sexual richness without being overly obvious about it. I'm pretty sure many of you have read it, but if you haven't... READ IT. This is one of the benchmarks of Avenged Sevenfold fan-fiction.

For Spellbound, this is one of my personal favourites. It's ridiculously hilarious and demented that it is very endearing. I wonder what actually goes on in her mind when she wrote it! Like Scream, this one is unexpected and incredibly different from what you would find on here.

Gunslinger by gothique4

This has specific tastes for specific people as it is brimming with historical detail as it is set in World War II, around 1944. Bringing the A7X guys into a different historical period is one of my favourites. But I really like this one as there is so much sexual tension, but at the same time, there is so much outside factors that pull the characters in it in different directions. If you like the BBC TV mini-series - "Band of Brothers" or simply is a history buff, you will absolutely love it.

For Love of Money by MoneCloveR

This story is pretty damn unique. I rather like how MoneCloveR put the guys and twisted their personalities to suit the circumstances, but at the same time, they're still themselves along with inventive and interesting original characters. She puts them all in one house in one situation and see how it will roll out... literally. With rich characterisation, hot sex scenes and unusual situations, this brings an interesting read. Personally, I found the ending a bit disappointing and abrupt, but that doesn't stop you or me enjoying this story.

An Apple for the Teacher by Embracing Shadows

I don't like self inserts, but Embracing Shadows indeed does write good stories regardless. She keeps churning out great ideas that sets her stories apart from the others. This one is my favourite by her. Little River is so damn adorable and the dynamics between the characters is funny and cute. Her original character is also likeable and not the usual kind that you would expect from many stories, both in personality and looks. This is a good fuzzy and grounded read if you love romance and kids.

Pleasure University by xMandiblesx

I love extra long stories! Unfortunately this hasn't been updated for a while and there is only one chapter. But that single chapter just does it. This will make your panties wet while begging for more. I don't have to say more. Read it.

Child's Play by Zacky Vengeance;

It might be too sensitive for some people. However, this story is dark and heart-wrenching. It is chaotic and carefully planned out at the same time. You wouldn't find a story like this anywhere else on here. You will just want to wrap Matt and Brian in your arms and protect them from the horrible world and this story will forge you an emotional connection, may that be empathy, hate or love. This is one of Zacky Vengeance;'s best and she doesn't need to constantly churn out smut to do it (however, she does write some brilliant ones, just check them out on her page.)

Majesty Castle by Shadows Harlot

This is one of my ultimate favourites. This is a mammoth of a story. Everything in it was carefully crafted and incredibly well written. You can see the motivations, thoughts and feelings of each character (again, are memorable and introduced accordingly) and all of those just meshes together so well into an amalgamation of a story. There is shocking and scandalous secrets and heartwarming romance, may that be between lovers or between family. The vibrant themes of family, love, secrets, high society and personal freedom is never clearer. If you want to read a REAL story, worthy of publication, this is the one.

Dirty World by CharmedLuna

I have read and reread this story many times and it never gets old. It is shocking and unpredictable with realistic characters. It can make you squirm with discomfort or fear. There is also dramatic irony that is unmatched with many other stories on here. There is some typical ideas but CharmedLuna pulls that out and slaps that idea into a entirely new context and nothing in it is predictable anymore. The ending is one of my favourite endings ever, only because it's so unexpected but it truly ties everything together into a great story.

RachTheBat has so many oneshots that are simply great that I couldn't even list them all on here. Her smut is highly detailed and will have your changing your panties every minute. There is so many for you to choose from, as there is always something for everyone.

There you go! Those stories are truly excellent.
August 27th, 2013 at 03:54pm