Interview: XXXataktoulaXXX

Okay, I'm going to start of with the fact that I am open to suggestions. If you want to suggest an author for me to interview, please suggest it here.

I got the chance to interview the person who interviewed me, XXXataktoulaXXX. She is an amazing writer, and I enjoyed the chance that I got to interview a talented person like her. She has plenty of stories that are simply wonderful. Her story, Broken Bottles and Hearts, has turned out to be very interesting although I have yet to finish reading it to the newest update. I'm going to get through it. She has another story called A Kiss of Lust starts of strong and seems to carry out through out the story.

So here is the questions and answers:

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
When I was in middle school, my best friend's nickname was ataktoula which is a Greek word and is written ατακτούλα in Greek. It means naughty. She named me XXXataktoulaXXX after her nickname, like I was the younger version of her, even though I believe I should have the simple ataktoula and she should have the other one (based on reality). She want to a trip back to her country Albania but she had a car accident and died. I've been using that nickname since then for every site I join, except for Facebook which I had to change to my real name, Maria - Dimitra Vetsika.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
For as long as I remember. I started as a reader only and after three years, I started writing in English for the first time so I had post on mibbaland where my favourite authors posted.

3. When did you start writing? Why?
The first thing I ever wrote for myself was poems when I was ten. Then I started writing love letters and diary entries when I fell in love for the first time. Next thing I wrote were my dreams because I thought they'd be good ideas for movies and then BAM!! The movie Queen of the Damned come out and when I watched it, I just started writing. Vampires everywhere, no kidding. From then on, I've been writing in Greek and I started writing in English four years ago. This year I got serious about my writing and I hope to get even better as a writer, as the time goes by.

4. What are some of your stories and what are they about?

Blood Pleasure is a part of the Sweet Sacrifice series. It was supposed to be the first part but then I changed my mind. Marian has long forgotten her purity and even though she's the pure blood princess, she has fallen really low thanks to her fiance Lestat. Lost in her feelings and the cold, cruel vampire world as well as the mafia world, Marian fights the feelings inside her trying to stay alive. When she forgets to whom she belongs to, he will be there to remind her. When she is losing everything she ever had, he will be there to taste her blood-tears. Will she take revenge on him while she has his sworn enemy, Raven by her side or will she fall back to his cruel arms?
The first part of the series is Death Wish, the second is Crimson Whisper, the third is Blood Oath, then comes Blood Pleasure and last will be Innocent Vampire. The series is original fiction, rated NC-17 and based around fantasy, tragedy and so much more.

Diary of a Slave follows Agnes Hunter and her twin sister Alice as they are bought by vampires on the black market. Agnes always protected her twin sister even if it meant sacrificing herself. Now she'll have to sacrifice so much more and she will feel more helpless than she ever felt before. Another NC-17 original fiction based around fantasy and tragedy. It's mostly a dark romance story which is in the works.

I Can't Win Against Myself is written from many different POVs and it's yet another original fiction story, but this one is based on romance and drama. Kendra is torn between two brothers: the one who touched her heart and taught her what passion really meant when she was just a little girl back, and his brother who was her best friend and ended up teaching her what having someone to love her and care for her really meant. Who will save her thought? Her first love? Her best friend? Or the stranger with a broken heart? This isn’t a love triangle. It’s a love quadrangle. This is yet another NC-17 original fiction and its completed.

Hell In My Eyes follows Trisha, a nineteen year old girl experiencing things she should have never experienced for her age.She had a rough past but she survived. Trisha has to keep facing the challenges life offers to her. Learning to never trust anyone and to find her getaway from the world through risky situations, she struggles to find peace with her self-conscious mind which leads her to many emotional journeys throughout the years. Also she has some very serious decisions to take. Will she ever be able to let go of the demons in her past? Will she finally manage to forgive and forget? Only time will tell... Another NC-17 original and completed story by me.

Black Kiss is the first part of the Make Me Bleed series which is filled with oneshots (and with the word count being more than 5000 words). All the stories are heart-breaking, filled with tragedy, drug use, complicated emotions and so much more. The second story is Red Lips, then Bitter Revenge, Endless Tears, Masquerade Feelings and now I'm planning out the sixth story which is called Black Paradise.

Losing Yourself is the first part of the DraMarian Genesis series and it follows two best friends in their lives. The sequel is called, Hating Yourself and the third book is called Killing Yourself. I will start re-writing those soon and I have in plan to write three more books. The series will be completed with six books. The story has all kinds of pairings, from heterosexual to gay and lesbian couples as well as bisexuals.

Thief of Kisses is a teacher/student story which is way different from the basic ones we are used to. Lyric Dawn will mature almost over-night thanks to her life and when everyone around her acts while wearing the mask they choose for the day, only her teacher Andrian Holt will try to help her. Lost in her complicated world, Lyric realizes she's not the only complicated one.

Feelings is the first drabble of the Tales of the Loved Hearts series. In this series you will find all kinds of drabbles but each drabble is about a person's heart. Each drabble shows us feelings and many other things such as problems and all types of characters. Many mibbians seems to like those and I will continue with them for the next two years, till I have a book filled with them.

Roses Painted Black is an antology I created with other authors of this site and it's based on BDSM, master/slave relationships. The LD Mansion (L for lustful and D for desires) is located in Russia and the LD Mansion II is located in Romania. Both of those large mansions exist in the sole propose for the owners to have their personal slaves and enjoy their services. In the mansions where masters and slaves live together, the dark arts of pleasure combine with love and the purity of the soul becomes stained. Promises will be broken and promises will be kept. Hearts will shatter and hearts will bloom. Read the wonderful stories filled with lustful desire and I promise you after reading them, you will be begging for more.

The Only Exception follows Kellin and Callisto. Kellin is bullied by his twin sister and her friends while in the past they used to be really close. He had made two suicide attempts this year and he failed each time. After his third failed attempt, his parents decide it was best to just send him off to a mental hospital, hoping he’d get better but was that really the best choice? His siter had a secret, a secret no one knew and no one would hopefully ever learn. Her life took a turn for the worst and she secretly hated every male being. When she stood on her feet again, she had a new role to play but was that the best she could have done?

Flames In Heaven is an original angel/demon story, which is rated NC-17 and is co-written with God's_Child22. In Hell and Heaven where angels and demons fight each other, Damion and Alexiel will fall in love with each other and break the number one rule for both sides which was to never fall in love with an enemy. Damion was supposed to go to Las Vegas to cause havoc and ruin people’s lives but instead of that, he fell in love with his father’s enemy’s daughter. He surely wasn’t trying to get her to fall in love with him but she did and they will have to pay the consequences. The dark arts of Hell will combine with the pure arts of Heaven in order for their love to be saved. Will the purity of her soul become stained or will she give up on her love? Will he be true to himself or will he pretend? Promises, love and betrayal will mix…and their hearts will shatter only to bloom again but in the end was falling in love a good reason to break their parent’s rules?

Mirrors is a story written from two gilrs POVs. The story follows these girls as they struggle with bullimia and anorexia. It's a co-write with iggy.

All my other stories are Avenged Sevenfold fanfics (short stories and oneshots), Phantom of the Opera (oneshot) and Vampire Diaries (oneshot) fics. More original fiction oneshots as well as drabbles and original chaptered stories which are in the works or I'm thinking of re-writing. No need to mention I am starting many other stories this year as well.

5. What's your inspiration for writing?
My inspiration comes from novels such as the Vampire Academy and the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead as well as the Night of the House series by P.C. Cast, the Pretties series by Scott Westerfeld were awesome as well as Anne Rice and many others.

Mangas such as Eichi, Haou Airen, Akuma na Eros, Asterisk and a bunch which I don't remember at the moment cause honestly I have read every completed shoujo/yaoi/yuri manga there is till now.

Anime such as 07-Ghost, Pandora Hearts, Monochrome Factor, Death Note, Nana, Loveless and much more seeing as I have watched more than two hundred anime series.

Movies like Queen of the Damned, Twilight, City of Bones, Taken and TV series like True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Breaking Bad, Charmed and others.

There are also photographs and songs that inspire me as well as my especially my strange dreams.

6. Do you have any rituals when you write?
Complete silence. It's the only way that helps me bring out the best of me when I'm writing.

7. What is your favorite genre to write about?
Fantasy because I am obsessed with vampires and because it's a genre that's out of this world. Something which is not real but you can fantasize about it has its own magical beauty, don't you think?

Tragedy has the other half of my heart though. I love heart-breaking stories with realistic plotlines to bits.

8. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
I wouldn't call the stories I am writing fun and that's because when I write, I get so into the character I'm writing that I feel what they feel and most of my stories are sad so yea. Writing is my escape of reality so the whole wriitng thing is what is fun because I love changing to someone else when I write. It's just like how it is with the actors when they play someone's role. Whenever I write, I change personality, name and appearance. I become someone else as the scenes unfold in my mind and my hands write those very thoughts on the screen of Microsoft Office. It's an awesome feeling...like magic, like a dream.

9. Is there any others on here that inspire you to write?
Yes, childishinsanity, Lady of the Moon, Asteria, JustMyRandomName, FluffeeWrites and l2DXtremel are the first good writers that I found on here and inspired me. In the last two years if not more, I have found many others like xMandiblesx, Cali_cookies, DommySixx, catnap2020 and Verona Viridian.

10. Do you research what you write?
Yes, if there's something I don't have knownledge of, research is a must.

11. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
Absolutely. The last year I've been writing all kinds of stories, I even tries my hand at writing slash. I like to challenge myself and that is why I enter a bunch of writing contests on here. A few months ago, I had entered sixty-three. Can you believe it?

12. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
Richelle Mead, Anne Rice, P.C. Cast and Allison Noel but I'm sure the list will be getting longer and longer as I read more novels. And of course the mangaka Mayu Shinjo

13. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
First of all, thank you all for spending your time to read my writings. I know some of my stories haven't been updated since forever but I will get back on all of my stories. I promise to complete them all. Trust me on that because I hate leaving stories unfinished. Wait for me and I'll make it worth your time.

Also, be honest when you comment on someone's work and try to feel what the characters feel in the stories or poems. It will make your journey much more enjoyable and understandable.

Write to your heart's content and encourage others with their writings. I love you all and I'm very friendly so don't be shy, hit me up.

***

Okay, so there was the interview. I'm so thankful for your time, XXXataktoulaXXX. I'm happy that I got the chance to get to know you.
September 16th, 2013 at 07:32pm