Interview: darkaly

As of right now, I don't have any interviews planned for awhile. If you have a suggestion for an author, please do so here. Just tell me who you want to see interviewed. Of course, there is a place where you can see a list of authors already interviewed, and that is found here.

This time around, I got to interview the lovely darkaly. She is a very talented writer. Some of her stories are Olorde, Crossed Hearts, and Childish. The first two are short at the moment, but don't let that stop you from reading them. I recommend them to anyone willing to read something good.

I'm sure that you are tired of my going on and on about how good the author is, so here is the actual interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-My name is Aly and I tend to like.. dark? things, I guess.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-For almost seven months. Ahem, also the best seven months of my (writing) life.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-I used Quotev, and I still get on it to read things. Once I came across Mibba writing on that site was never the same.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I honestly can't say when I started writing because I remember writing things in the early grades of elementary school. Why? I just know that it's something I enjoy doing. The creating and the control, I guess.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-Many of my stories fall under taboo categories. Incest, pedophilia. A have a few slash, one teacher/student, and some simple, cheesy high school romances. Childish is probably my favorite and I wish my updated hasn't gone so down hill. It features a quiet student who got her head, and heart wrapped around her History teacher who expresses theme frowned upon feeling back at her. One of my most popular stories, Righting Wrongs, features a love between two cousins where one understands the wrongfulness of any relationship they have or want. It's another story that I fail to keep regularly updated.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Anything really. Sometime my head gets these thoughts and I have scenes cycling through my head until I make my hands purge them onto this site. Or sometimes while I'm scrolling through Tumblr I see a picture and a whole story behind it.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-Original fiction. Fan fiction is something I just can't seem to wrap my head around whether it's reading or writing.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about?
-I don't believe I have one.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-As long as I'm in my room I can write. Music could be blaring, the TV could be talking, and I'd be fine. I just have to be where I'm most comfortable which is me locked away in my room.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-I simply just write as I go. I try to think ahead but it never really goes as planned. I seem to let my characters take over my hands.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-Romance. Gore, death-like things if that could be consider a genre. I enjoy writing things that involve blood and pain and sadism and . Things like that. Though when it comes to romance sometimes I just leave it to innocent acts, far far away from a touch of sadism, or crazy fetishes that can refer to violence.. I don't I just write things that my head gives me and it mostly falls into that jumble of things.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-I don't know. Somethings my writing starts as one genre and it goes into something that I'd never expect myself to write.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-Some of my current favorite stories on here are My Sadist King, Piper June., The Sin City Movement, and Winterhaven. When ever they're updated I literally yelp.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-Probably Childish. It's my favorite story and I get really giddy when I update because it makes me feel like I make the readers happy.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Childish, actually. I try to make something that I have no experience with so realistic and when I do start an update it takes me forever to finish it after reading it over a million times.

16. Which of your characters is your favorite? Why?
-Isabella from Childish. Ha, I'm making it seems that that's my only story out of the too many I have. It's fun trying to push her out of her little, shy shell so she can try to pursue the relationship that she wants most with the person she shouldn't even think about having.

17. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-All. The. Time. I haven't written anything on here over a month and I feel horrible. I don't think I have a way of getting over it. Sometimes my hands just don't work when I type things and every thought I ever had for my writing gets jumbled and I can't make a damn thing out of it. Hopefully soon I'll have the day where I wake up and just want to write because that's how I know when the block is over.

18. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-Every author of a story I have subscribed to are big inspirations to me. I read so much beautiful writing on here I just hope that someone thinks the same of mine, and it pulls to me to try harder with my words.

19. Do you research what you write?
-Nope. That's the fun with fiction unless I feel have disorders, definitions, or spellings mixed up.

20. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-I try to push myself into different genres if that is what this question meant.

21. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-Lauren Kate and John Green are my favorite authors. Every time I read a book a just wonder how some hands and heads put such wonderful words together. Their popularity and success is what I truly wish for myself in the poor future I see for myself.

22. What would be your advice to a new author?
-That you shouldn't let your head get to you. I've deleted so many pieces of writing from the site that I wish I had to work on and perfect, but the feeling that they were bad (even though I received great feedback) made me make them go away.

23. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Thank you. Like, a million times. And sorry. I hope to have writing out soon for all of you, and the time and words you put into reading my stuff and commenting on my stuff makes more than just day!

***

Well, thank you for letting me interview you. It was an honor. It was fun getting to know you.
October 10th, 2013 at 05:34pm