Disappointed in the variety of Writing Contests | Doing Mibbaween early.

Believe me when I say, I used to be a huge participant in the Writing Contest forums, since I always thought it was a way for me to write something new every time I found a contest that looked interesting.
The only problem is, whenever I go back to the forums and want to enter a contest, the only good ones I see are almost right at the deadline to get entries in, or they've already ended. All the contests I see nowadays that are active or even all over the place deal with the same things every damn time- rock bands that have apparently become the only thing that is remotely interesting enough to write about on the site.
By bands, I mean Avenged Sevenfold, Sleeping With Sirens, Of Mice and Men, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, etc.
Out of all of these bands, the only one I like is Avenged Sevenfold. And when a majority of the contests that have to do with that band practically require you to write a story that includes smut and/or sex scenes, that's an immediate turn-off.
I really wish there were more members on the site that could make Writing Contests that don't just revolve around that band, or any of the bands listed above, or even bands similar to those. It honestly makes me feel like I won't be tempted ever to enter another one of those again simply because I have no desire or interest in any of them anymore.

On another note, even though it says that the Mibbaween "event" is from the 28th to the 31st of October, I decided that I'm gonna be changing my theme early. That way I'm able to have the icon and signature that were created for me as long as I can until October ends. Because, let's face it- no matter how many times I think I wanna change my theme, I'm always gonna end up going back to this one.
I basically am sirius amory. That's been my longest username on the site, as well as the one I'm most known for, and I intend to keep it that way.
Still, I'm gonna cherish my Mibbaween "theme" while I'm able. Don't worry, I'm gonna make sure to put a little something in my signature to help you guys know that it's me.
October 21st, 2013 at 06:25am