Formaldehyde.'s Rec Blog: Part 1

*As part of my Mibbaween Candy Bowl*

First up, we have jamie archer. with her fantastic X Factor fanfiction, Insanity.

An outline to the story

- JA: Twenty-four year-old Elise McCready knows how big The X Factor is in London. After finally mustering up the courage, the Camden City girl decides to audition for the show's sixth season in 2009, knowing that the end result of her decision could change her life forever.
But one thing she never imagined would come into play was affection for her competition- enter Jamie Archer, a fellow rock-inspired singer who's had some previous luck with minor pub gigs, but shares Elise's dream of stardom.
Even so, with not only the pressure of competing on the line, but her fellow contestant's friendship and companionship as well, which will end up meaning more to Elise- her singing, or her feelings for Jamie?
And will she win them both, or lose it all?


What inspired you to write Insanity?

- JA: The inspiration behind this particular piece was the astounding lack of stories in the X Factor fandom altogether. If any, they're basically just about One Direction (from the season following this one).
I was randomly going through videos of previous X Factor Auditions on Youtube, particularily the better ones. I ended up coming across one from someone named Jamie Archer, and decided to give it a listen. Watching that audition made my heart soar. He was not only an incredible singer, but he also sang one of my favorite songs- "Sex On Fire" by Kings of Leon. Immediately, he had me hooked. It was my mission to find the season he was part of and watch it.
It took a TON of searching, but I eventually stumbled across it. Once I discovered that Jamie was influenced by rock music, he grew on me even more, since rock is my favorite genre.
I felt like he needed some love and appreciation, since basically no one outside of the United Kingdom knows who he is, so I decided to come up with the idea for a fanfic with him as one of the main characters.


What's your favourite thing about your story?

- JA: What I love about Insanity so far is not only is it staying true to the actual series (watching all the episodes helps a great deal), but also because it's roping in more people that are discovering the seasons of The X Factor prior to the one with One Direction. Because of the dedication I've put into the writing, research, and publicity for it, I've already helped several people become fans of Jamie, and also the other contestants that happened to be competing that same season.
It's also helped me to become noticed by a certain Jamie Archer, who now follows me on tumblr and Twitter and has also become a fan of my writing- YES, JAMIE ARCHER HIMSELF HAS READ THIS STORY WHEN IT WAS IN THE DEVELOPMENT STAGES- which has only inspired me more.


As you can tell, a lot of work has gone into this well written story. With a great mix of humour, cuteness and anticipation, it's sure to grab everyone's attention!
October 31st, 2013 at 09:42pm