Story Layouts - Custom vs. Default

Hey guys! :)

So lately I've been trying to find new stories to read because not one that I'm subscribed to has been updated in forever. I'm guilty of not updating too, but I'm subscribed to a whole bunch so I'm surprised that the Mibba slum has hit that many people.

Anyways, when I'm looking through the stories I'm actually really picky about what I'm in to. However, when I find one that sounds interesting and there's so custom layout it really bums me out. I'm not sure why, the Mibba layout is simple and wouldn't be hard to read, but I think that's why I dislike it.

It brings nothing into the story (obviously) and I have a really hard time getting around it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Seriously, I honestly would rather offer to make them a layout THEN read their story. I enjoy making them but I think it would be sort of rude for me to comment and be like, "hey, I won't read this unless you make it pretty", like, that's not even what Mibba is about, so what is wrong with me?

I don't know.

The layouts were what drew me to Mibba in the first place and I guess I'm just hooked on them.

Also, why can't Mibba make their default layout a little nicer to look at? I get that it's supposed to be simple and not draw away from the story, but they could make the box a little less wide and make the background some sort of solid color besides that strange sunshine type blue and white thing they've got going on.

I don't enjoy it. Nope.

What do you guys feel about the default Mibba layout vs. custom layouts?
January 8th, 2014 at 01:37am