Why I Feel Popstars Are Made.

You never ever hear about them working in the underground. Sure, they go to audition but they don't start off rough. They don't have to hustle.

Avenged didn't audition. Tupac sure as hell didn't audition.

These people started in the underground. Eminem was a white boy in Detroit. Yeah he had those who hated him. He was either a bad rapper or a white boy trying to fit in. But he created a small fanbase when he was nobody. Now he's famous and he has millions of lovers and millions of dollars. He had to work.

Avenged went into their hardcore OC scene. They wanted it so they got it. Cuz they worked for it. Val hustled for them. They hustled for themselves. Had haters. Small fanbase. Worldwide famous now.

One Direction auditioned. Made by Simon. Instant fame.

And don't tell me Justin Bieber counts. He had videos on the internet. He wasn't making albums back then with money he had to work for and didn't have. I'm not hating. That's a fact. And we all know this. Usher found him. Instant fame.

You didn't ever hear about Katy Perry playing at CBGB's or anywhere. I kissed a girl came out. Instant fame.

And with that Taylor girl from that band. I forgot them and don't know her name. Umm.. they sing You make me wanna die. Some people don't even know this but her band was actually given to her by the record label. Again. Not hating. That is a fact. No matter what you hear. They were given to her like you give a puppy to a kid.

Marilyn Manson worked hard. Metallica. Pantera. Biggie. Busta Rhymes.

Rockstars and the 'back then' rappers like NWA and all that were hustlers. They didn't have their mom sign them up for auditions. They had to work.

And I said back them cuz.... I'm gonna be honest those people were from the streets. Straight outta Compton and shit. Fucking hardcore thugs rapping about the hard life and how they got here now. Yeah, there's still songs like that. But mostly it's now about how much hoes and money you got. Drugs and parties.

I just don't like the rap music now. I remember what it used to represent.

People like Michael Jackson, Jackson Five, The Temptations. They were hustlers too, dude. Especially cuz of their race.

I just remembered how everything was hard back then and it still is for rock bands. Rappers too. But you just read about how I feel about it now.

Mooshbye.
March 7th, 2014 at 05:03am