Story Trivia #2

Trivia #1 | Trivia #2 | Trivia #3

So yeah, it’s that time again. That time where I have way too much time on my hands and have nothing else to do because I have no life. -screaming internally-

Well, since it’s been a while since I’ve done this and I’ve written a lot of stories since the last time, I decided to post a blog of STORY TRIVIA again! Yay! At least, yay for me because it’s fun for me to do this. I don’t know if you guys are excited but I’m excited okay. And unlike my last Story Trivia blog, this is going to contain trivia for both stories in the Hayliver series and stories that are not.

Alright, enough of me going on and on. Let’s get to the trivia, shall we?
TRIVIA


A Perfect Beginning
● Instead of a New Year’s party, it was actually supposed to be a Christmas party because I planned to make a one-shot for Christmas. Due to me being busy, I couldn’t and switched it to New Years.

● And the main reason why I wanted to write a one-shot for the holidays was because of “Under the Mistletoe by Never Shout Never (ft. Dia). Even though it ended up being a New Year’s one-shot, I still wanted to include a mistletoe.

She did exactly what he said and when she did, she was met with a mistletoe tied to a ribbon that was hanging on the lights that were strung across the roof. Seeing this, she faced him again and couldn't help but smirk. "You would."

When December started, Oli told Hayley he was going to kiss her under a mistletoe, but didn’t tell her when. He told her it was going to be when she least expected it and Hayley said she’d catch him before he could. He had a few attempts during her birthday, but got caught each time. Then he tried when they celebrated Erika’s birthday and he still failed. Finally, he succeeded here.

● Hayley’s dress in here was based on what my cousin wore to Homecoming. She’s the one in the middle.

Jeremy and Kat actually loved this idea and Oli couldn't agree more. This baby was definitely going to be spoiled if she was going to have Hayley sing for her.

Oli also joked that he could sing to the baby also, but Jeremy and Kat actually liked this idea too because they like his clean vocals. Hayley then suggested they could both sing to her sometimes.

This is the piano instrumental playing when Oli takes Hayley to the roof.

● Hayley and Oli were originally talking to Gabe Saporta and Erin Fetherston, but then I changed it to Brendon and Sarah.

● I was gonna write a scene where Hayley and Oli go back to the party and see Taylor still with the FBR employee he was talking to. Hayley was gonna show her ring to Taylor and he was gonna let out a sigh of relief because he knew already and was glad he no longer had to keep it a secret.

● Taylor and that FBR girl ended up kissing at midnight. And yes, there will be more of them in later stories.

Never Fade Away
● Hayley’s appearance in the first chapter is based on how she looks in the “CrushCrushCrush” video. Her outfit isn’t exactly the same one, but similar (well in regards to the shirt) and I had that in mind when I wrote what she was wearing.

● This is going to be my longest Hayliver to date. After outlining it, this story’s going to have a total of 43 chapters.

● This is the first Hayliver that’s written in first person and also the first time I’ve used switching POVs.

● I originally had a different ending planned for this, but changed it to one that worked better. You guys will thank me later.

Ink.
● There were some more tattoos of Hayley’s that I was going to write about, but eventually cut out:
— The two flowers on Hayley’s side that represent her two sisters.
— Hayley’s cross tattoo that she got because of her Christian faith.
— The Paramore three bars tattoo.

● The reason why I cut them out is because the stories that surround these tattoos could be written as their own stories, so I might write one-shots for these.

He smirked due to the fact that she always seemed to steal some of his clothes and the only times he noticed was when she wore his stuff weeks after she had taken them from him.

Hayley is the cause of many hoodies, t-shirts, and beanies missing from Oli’s wardrobe. One time she even took his Bulls jersey and wore it for one of her shows.

● I was either originally going to have Hayley only wear her bra and underwear or nothing but the sheets because the subject of the tattoos was going to be brought up differently. But since I love the idea of Hayley wearing Oli’s shirts, I went with that option instead and the scene was changed.

● And Oli is once again in his boxers for this story.

● Taylor’s room was next to theirs. And before you ask, he brought FBR girl to his room. ;)

He pictured hearing her sing her favorite songs in the bathroom while getting ready.

Songs that Hayley sings in the shower include “Boys Don’t Cry” by The Cure and “Dirty Pop” by Nsync. She also sings some mewithoutyou songs.

● Ever since Hayley got the “accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative” tattoo, he had thought of also getting it tattooed on himself. He hasn’t figured out where he’ll put it, but he still has it in mind.

● Not only was Jeremy calling them to wish them a Happy New Year, he was also calling them to tell them that he and Kat finally named their daughter.

Through the Crowd
● My goal for this story was for people to believe it was a Taylex.

● I’ve told this to Jacqui, but I put super super subtle hints in here that indicate the girl wasn’t Tay Jardine and instead was Meg Frampton:
— The fact that she wore sundresses a lot.
— She was there with her sister aka Dia. And because Tay also has a sister, this also added to my “make it seem like a Taylex” thing.
— He brought up how she had left him seven years ago which was 2006/2007 when they met.
— When she left him, she left on a plane which is a nod to “Remembering Sunday”, the song he wrote for her.

● The combat boots that Meg’s wearing are dark brown and shin length. They’re based on the boots I’ve seen her wearing a few times in her instagram pictures.

● This story was going to have a sadder ending. Meg was gonna call Alex out on his bullshit and tell him that he shouldn’t just blame everything on her for why she left. Then instead of them getting closure and staying friends at the end, she was going to tell him she didn’t want him in her life at all and leave. In the end, it didn’t really seem to flow well and I wrote a better ending that suited the story more.

Stay
● This whole story stemmed from the Kerrang! Podcast that Hayley and Josh did. I saw this ages ago, but stumbled upon it again and before I knew it..story idea.

● I pretty much based this story around “The Only Exception”.

● The title of this story references many things. For one, it references lyrics from “My Heart” (which is in the summary) and it also references “Stay the Night”, which is something Hayley wants Josh to do in the story, and also “Stay” by Rihanna. It’s also kind of a nod to YMAS’ song, “Stay With Me”, which is a song that Hayley and Josh sang together during Reading Festival.

● Josh was more than happy to send Cavalier Youth to her because when Paramore came out, he had asked her to do the same thing.

”He did the stupidest thing any guy could ever do and that was not realizing that he just let go of the best thing that ever happened to him. He’s a fucking prick and he never deserved to have someone as amazing as you.”

The references to “The Best Thing (That Never Happened) were completely unintentional. I didn’t even notice it until after the story was posted.

● I had a different ending for this story, too. After Josh and Hayley fell asleep, Josh was going to get a call (while Hayley was still sleeping) from Dan telling him he needed to come back home as soon as possible. This was going to take place in the middle of the night and the next morning, I was going to have Josh sit outside with his bag, waiting for a cab and about to leave Hayley without saying goodbye and only leaving a note. But then right when the cab came, he was going to choose not to go in it and head back inside to lay with Hayley again and choose to spend one more day with her. This was, of course, based on the music video for “The Only Exception”, but I felt it didn’t fit well, so I changed it.

● Shay was the only one who knew from the beginning that the protagonist was Josh.

Go
● Shay thought of the title and I liked it because it matched well with Stay, but after finishing the story, I liked it even more after doing some thinking: The prequel was called Stay because in that story, Josh wanted to stay in America with Hayley. This was called Go because then Hayley wanted to go with Josh to Europe. It shows what they’re really willing to do for each other.

● The park that Hayley and Josh are at in the beginning is Pan Pacific Park.

● The last experience Josh had with a small child before holding Bliss did not go well. Not only was the baby crying, they also spit on him and they pooped. This is why he’s a little freaked out and doesn’t want to move.

● Hayley didn’t know she was using Taylor’s toothbrush at first. She just thought it was an old one and by the time Taylor realized it was his, she had already started scrubbing off the stain.

I don’t know why we thought it would be a brilliant idea to stay up so late, but we did it anyway. Maybe it was because we slept for hours the day before, which probably ruined our whole sleeping schedule. Or maybe we were just excited to be leaving California together.

This is me. It’s always me. Every time we have a trip planned and our flight is early in the morning, I never listen to my parents telling me to go to sleep and I end up getting only a few hours worth of sleep because I’m so excited. Like the last vacation I had was Hawaii. Our flight was around 7 in the morning and we had to wake up at 3 and yeah, I went to sleep at 1. Aliya’s smart.

“Hayley?” Max’s eyes widened and once he realized who was behind me, he used an arm to move me out of the way and practically tackled her to pull her into a bear hug. As if him glomping her wasn’t enough, he then proceeded to pick her up and spin her around.

She couldn’t stop laughing and wrapped her arms tightly around him. “I’ve missed you!”

“I’ve missed you, too!” he exclaimed, still spinning her.


I loved how I wrote Max and Hayley’s interactions in here because I do see them having a brother and sister type of relationship. They always high five each other and they’re both so fun and goofy, I just see their friendship like this. I picture Max being protective of Hayley but also joking around with her.

● I admit, when I wrote the second chapter, I was so scared to write it because this was the first time ever that I was writing YMAS and I really wanted to get their personalities right.

“And fuck Chad,” Max added, clearly a little angered that someone did that to Hayley. “You were too good for him. Besides, he had a stupid name anyway. You don’t need a guy with two shitty first names.”

Shay wanted me to have a random fan say something about Chad’s name, but I thought it would be better if Max said it, thus why I wrote this.

“I’m not the only one. A fan I met agrees that lads with two first names are bad news.”

And the fan he’s talking about? Yeah, he’s talking about Shay, of course.

● Hayley’s favorite song off of Cavalier Youth is “Cold Night” and Josh decided to add it to the setlist, making it the second to last song for them to play. He knew how much she wanted to hear it live, which is why he did that for her. I also was thinking of having them sing that song together, but ultimately chose “Always Attract” instead because they sang that song before way back in 2009 and to have them sing it again, it shows how much their relationship had changed.

● Here’s the 2009 performance mentioned.

● I was going to just end it right at the concert, but that didn’t feel like a proper end to this, so I added the last short bit to wrap things up nicely.

● This sequel is twice as long as the prequel. In fact, it’s more than twice as long.

Tell Him. aka my first hurtful Hayliver
● I once again made you guys think this was a certain pairing when in the end it turned out not to be what you thought. Except this time I was way more cruel because you, know, I’m the Hayliver Momma. But seriously, forgive me.

● And I also did super super subtle hints that indicates she was with Josh Franceschi instead of Oli:
— He calls her “love”. Though we usually associate this with Oli, if you’ve noticed, in my Haylivers, I never have Oli say it. I see it as more of a Josh thing, but that’s just me.
— They met in 2007, which is the year YMAS and Paramore met. Of course, this ties in with my “tricking everyone” thing, too, since her and Oli haven’t met in real life yet.
— I didn’t mention any tattoos at all.
— Hayley traced circles on his chest, which is something she did to Josh in Go. If it was Oliver, I would’ve had her trace his tattoos.

● Not only does Josh hate himself for not going after Hayley first, he’s also the one that introduced Oli to Hayley.

● At first it was hard for me to write about Josh and Oli without mentioning their names because I was worried about confusing people on which guy I was talking about. That’s why I italicized “him” of “he” or whatever whenever I talked about Josh. The only time I italicized for Oli was when Josh was talking about him.

Sure, she knew she could sometimes be a stubborn bitch and he could be a moronic asshole, but they just worked.

This is my favorite line I’ve ever written so far.
Well, that was quite a bit of trivia and it was really fun to do! I hope those of you who read my stories enjoyed learning a little more about the fics. Of course, when I write more stories, I’ll do another one of these in the future, so stay tuned for the next one. :D

Deuces.
April 2nd, 2014 at 09:45am