Pseudo NaNo?

I always want to do NaNo, but every year I have no idea what I could do and knowing me I wouldn't be able to focus on one thing long enough to actually write 50,000 words.

I theoretically could use the new Pete Wentz story I just posted a story page for last night (Blackout), but I just thought of the idea last week and I still need to do some research and stuff to figure it all out. Basically, Pete Wentz is an Incubus (changed my mind... I'm thinking a crossroads demon..we'll see though) who will no doubt end up getting attached to the main female character. That's my basic premise and this is something I've never done before so would require a bit more time and effort... I mean, I really could do it for NaNo, focus on it, get some writing done for it... I just don't think I'd be able to work on it for a full month.

So this is what I was thinking I could do, I could use the month of November to try and focus on my all my other stories I need to work on and finish that I keep avoiding. So that way I can do a lot of writing, but won't have to focus on one story.

Stories I can work on/finish:

- Blackout (Pete Wentz) - could focus on research/getting it started. I don't think I'll be posting this until I actually have several chapters written and some kind of idea of what I'm doing with it.

- Controlled Demolition (Pete Wentz) - this one is almost done, I forsee it needing about 4 more chapters (maybe less).

- Uncaged (Original) - I need to figure out where I'm going with this story, and get it headed in whatever that direction is.

- The World Forgot (Original) - I know exactly where I want this story to go (there may or may not be a plot twist...) and I just need a few more chapters to finish it up!

- Chasing Pavements (Tom Hiddleston) - This is the story I was going to do for NaNo last year, but in December. This one's not close to ending, I just need to continue writing!

- Whirlwind (Tom Hiddleston) - This one I seriously just need to finish. Only a few more chapters, I think.

So, I think I'm going to dedicate the month of November on working on these. I just need to get some motivation in the next few days. I'm really hoping I can finish the ones that are close to being finished. I think that will be my biggest goal.

Let's hope this goes well.
October 27th, 2014 at 09:53pm