Hockey Fics Recommendation, Pt. 3

Hey guys! I am back with another "installment" of great hockey fic recommendations! As you have seen from my two previous blogs part one and part two, I LOVE LOVE reading hockey stories. So before I start telling you my absolute favorites this time around, I want everyone to know that you can feel free to throw me some recommendations as well (whether it be your own or some other ones you find interesting.)

So here are my favorites this time around in no particular order:

[Text Me, Texas]
This is a Reilly Smith story and seriously, there isn't enough stories about him on here! But that's not the only reason why I was over eager to get on this. I love the fact that Morgan (the protagonist) and Reilly have such wonderful chemistry. They aren't just thrown together because that was the point of the story, their personalities seems so suitable for one another! Their playful banters and their demonstration of understanding each other makes me love those two! The character development in this story is A+, and character chemistry is A++. If this story was a TV show, they'd be my OTP for realz!

[Love Me, Love Me Not]
As a NYR fan, anything Marc Staal will surely catch my attention. I think I binge-read the entire prequel in just one sitting and I loved every minute of it. I regret nothing! Oh and before I go on, let me mention that James Neal makes an appearance too, equal appearance as Staal, so this isn't just a Staal story! Okay, let me start by telling everyone that the writer legit knows how to write good smut, because usually that shit is so hard to do. As a writer, I always find colorful ways to skip out on that part because it really is hard. There are some bangin' sex scenes that are just so well written that you just want to tip your hat to PensRock. So besides from the sex, there is also good writing! The description of characters and the details are so concrete, I literally can picture how some of these characters look like and what they are wearing when described. It is awesome, really! Character backstories are perfect, and if you really need a good read, you know where to go!

[Other Side]
I usually do not read a lot of Beau Bennett stories, but I had to for this one. I clicked on it out of curiosity because the title reminded me of the Tonight Alive album of the same name. And I read the first chapter and it was so well written. The first chapter attracted my attention like no other. There is a lot of ambiguity, especially when it comes between Summer and Beau. I was curious as to how their friendship developed and if there were feelings involved. This story has two chapters as of right now, but it's worth not giving up hope for! The emotions exchanged between the two characters, especially from Summer, really got to me. And I love it when I can feel the same emotions from these characters. I am a big character development person, so whenever I can find a way to feel or relate to these characters, I take an instant liking to the entire story. This story did that for me. So give it a shot!

[Constant Headache]
Okay, I absolutely adore Jamie Benn and do not pass up an opportunity to read a good story written about him. This story has it all, the wonderful writing, the badass female protagonist, and some action scenes (street brawls and bar bathroom fights are epic, okay?). So yes, Ryder is an ass kicking character who takes nobody's shit. She is not a typical cold-stone character who doesn't give a shit about anyone. No, she has this part of her that wants to care so much deep inside. She goes through a lot of internal struggles that makes everything so believable, because it proves that she is human. Ryder meets Jamie under an interesting circumstance and I was instantly hooked after reading that first chapter. This is probably my favorite Benn story :)

[Unexplainable Grace]
Probably the first and only about Trevor van Riemsdyk I've seen on this site, or basically the only one I found. Although this story only has one chapter so far, it is so promising to me! The un-subtle flirting between Trevor and Aubrey is so amusing and I love it so much that it put a smile on my face when reading it. The first chapter is quite thrilling to read especially since there is some hockey action and injuries going on already. I love it when the story is opened with action, everyone should know by now that I love my action! And by the end of that first chapter, I was already hooked. I was left desperately wanting to find out what would happen between these two characters. And I am still waiting around for this story to continue, because when it does, you know I'd be all over that shit!

Thanks if you went through this whole blog of me gushing over some stories I've been reading. I hope you check some of those stories out because they really are worth reading!

ALSO: I've been desperately looking for some Rangers stories to read, but I can't find anything. So if you know a story (hopefully I haven't read it, because I swear, I've read every single NYR stories to ever exist) or are planning to write a story about anyone on the team, you know I'm 100% down, so shoot me a message or comment on this blog. I'm so thirsty for NYR stories!

Happy holidays everyone!
December 25th, 2014 at 03:55am