Nope, Nope, Nope.

Ugh.
So, the second semester of my senior year started today. I swear, I've had senioritis since like my freshmen year, but I was determined to make this last semester count and kick-ass. I don't think that's gunna happen now.

Alright, so here's my schedule:
1st - APUSH
2nd - Spanish 2
3rd - Math 4
4th - Physical Science

It sucks, because I really wanted Culinary 1 as my fourth period, but it was filled so they put me in a class that I've already taken (wtf?). I honestly don't need any of these classes besides Spanish 2 to graduate, but they just stuck me there because my school has over 3,000 students and class size and space is limited.
I choose to take APUSH this semester because I love the teacher. He also taught my Honors US History class, my AP Euro and my Civics class. He's boss. I ♡ him. The teacher is a war veteran and smokes a legit pipe in class (think Popeye) and tells the funniest stories.
But, seeing how he fell behind last semester in test scores, he's going to have to be a hardass this semester. Just tonight, for homework, we had to read seventy-five pages and do Cornell notes on each page. He, thankfully, gave us the last 30 minutes of class (each class is 95 minutes long) to let us get started, but holy hell, I hate fucking Cornell notes now. They are the devil. He said it was due tomorrow but he might give us until Friday to turn it in. He doesn't like putting a lot of work on students, but the administration and county are coming down pretty hard on him. It sucks. He is one of my favorite teachers (along with the Culinary teacher) and I don't want all the fun to be sucked out of this class because of stupid test scores.

And I hate, hate, hate math. It has never been my strong suit. I'm a history nerd, I love history. Math is the devil.
But the Math 4 teacher we have, she's fresh out of college. She's young, like, 26, I think but holy fucking god. She assigned us 200(!!) problems to do tonight! I haven't had a math class since my sophomore year! I took Math 1 & 2 in my freshmen year, took Math 3 in my first semester of my sophomore year and now I'm a senior. There is so much stuff I don't remember doing, or the curriculum has changed so much, it's stuff we've never done before.
And she doesn't give out tutoring!! Which pisses me off beyond belief. I will need tutoring, that is a fact. Why she is denying us tutoring, I don't know. Ugh.

I think I'll like my Spanish 2 teacher. She's a sassy woman who doesn't take any shit. And my fourth period, I just don't know. I've already taken Physical Science. I don't need to be there again and guidance is refusing to change my schedule because how much space is limited.

I don't think this semester is going to go as well as I hoped. I'm so ready for June. Holy moly.

Also, by the way, those of you who read From Eden, it will be updated on either Friday or Saturday. I'm going to try to write some tonight, but it's already 9 p.m. here, and I have 34 math problems left to do. Promise I'll get an update schedule figured out!
January 29th, 2015 at 02:51am