EBooks-Tree Re-Posting and E-Publishing Without Your Permission (Ugh to the Tenth Degree)

Image Image Image Image Image Image


If you've got works published online - specifically if you're published on AO3 or other 'open' writing websites - you need to check out this website EBooks-Tree and use the search to see if any of your stories have been posted there in EPub format. It's very possible that they've published your work (without your permission).

I heard about this about a day ago over on Tumblr but didn't pay it too much mind (other than an obligatory reblog in case I anyone was following me who this might have affected). But when it came across my dash a few more times today, I figured it couldn't help to check - even though I was like 99.999% sure I wouldn't find my work there because I'm not at all (not even a little bit) a popular writer. And yet, there were a few of my stories - including one or two I didn't even remember I posted (to AO3, I think).

So I've contacted the site and asked for them to be taken down and am awaiting a response.

Anywho, please, Mibbians, take a moment to just go to the site and do a quick search (you can search using your username) to see if your work is there and if needs to be taken down, go holler at the site via their contact page.

Even if you think your stories aren't 'popular enough' to have this happen, please still check. (Because I don't think they're doing this based on popularity or viewership.)

If you find your work on there and you'd like to get it removed, F-Yeah Copywrite Law has some advice on how to word your message.

- Audrey

Image Image Image Image Image Image
April 13th, 2015 at 11:45pm