I Have Returned! (New Story, College)

Not that I was gone long, anyway; I was living with my mom for a few weeks to help her get her new house together. I left due to issues I'd rather not discuss on here.

Anyways, I was gone!! None of you missed me, probably, but I didn't return empty-handed! I have a new story in the works. I just posted the first chapter! It's called The Secret of Prior Path, and I feel like it's gonna be pretty cool. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I finally decided to start writing it.

If you want to, you can read the summary. It's a mystery/horror which takes place in the Victorian UK, about a girl who must investigate the mysterious nature of her father's death. If you like ghosts, rich British people, mansions, secrets, and really confusing occurrences, you'd love this! Also there's a strong female protagonist! Who isn't motivated by a romantic partner!! (Also, if you're one of the people who enjoyed The Trial, you'd like this. They have similar feels about them.)

In other news, I'm moving to Kentucky. I'm not too sure on how I feel about it, though.

I was going to stay here, in Ohio, and attend a vocational school until I graduate and continue in college in that field (I really wanted to design video games), but now I can't attend that school, which means it will be insanely hard to get into Georgia Tech. Especially since I don't live in Georgia, and GT has a 16% out-of-state acceptance rate.

But last night I was looking at colleges to see if I actually wanted to move, because I had a choice: Stay in Ohio with my mom, or move with my dad to Kentucky. I don't want to do either of those things, but I really don't want to live with my mom again. So I'm moving. Anyways, I looked at Savannah College of Art and Design, and it seems like a pretty awesome college. They have this great program to get a BFA in writing, and I really want to do that, especially since it's available at their Atlanta campus, and that's exactly where I wanted to attend. So I guess I have to abandon my video game design idea and go for something writing-related, which is good since I would much rather write for a living than do anything else. (The only struggle is that a degree in writing is basically useless)

Aaaaand that's all I have to talk about today. Check out my story, please? (Also, if any of you lice in Northern Kentucky, hit me up) Thank yooouuu
July 30th, 2015 at 06:33pm