I Don't Care if I'm a Guilty Pleasure for You

I Came Here to Make You Dance All Night ~Woah-Oh-Oh~

Dear Diary: Share some of your guilty pleasures.

Let's talk about guilty pleasures. I think usually when people talk about 'guilty pleasures' they talk about movies or music or literature they'e ashamed to like or tastes in men/women they might be a little ashamed of. Generally, it's something that a lot of people hate that you (secretly) love. But instead of that, I'm going to talk about 'guilty pleasure' things I do/have at home that I'm kind of ashamed of but definitely not going to change.

DIY Drawer/Pile

Image


This drawer is where D.I.Y. goes to D.I.E. It's often filled with a bunch of pieces from projects I either never started or never finished. When I'm working on something or about to work on something, I put the tools/materials in that draw because it's easy to access and, supposedly, I'll be able to work on them whenever. What usually happens though, is I put the stuff in that draw and then a few weeks or months later, it just gets moved over to the Graveyard Closet.

There's also a small pile of S.T.U.F.F. at the side of the big chest of drawers (which was supposed to be a DIY project of its own). This is recently collected stuff that I'm supposed to be working on RIGHT FUCKING NOW but I'm obviously not. And it's also turning into a slightly-work-but-not-yet-dirty clothes pile.

(Also, look at my big ass belt!)

Graveyard Closet

Image


The idea behind this closet was that (1) I don't hang up a ton of my clothes (like, literally, just some sweaters and dresses I don't wear end up there), so I wanted to make it into a useful space. Hence the fucking shelves of doom. I put in the shelves (simple plywood and room trim used to sit the plywood on) and I thought I would use it as a bookshelf and for other storage. As you can see, that's not how it turned out.

The closet is deep as fuck. So the books ended up stuffed on one shelf that goes back about four or so layers, which makes it impossible for me to even see what books I have. So it's about as useful as a book shelf as just putting my books in storage boxes would have been.

Because of that, it's mostly become a junk closet. As you can see, I have a ton of rolled up blankets shoved in there (rolled blankets are so much easier to store than folded, by the way). In the bins on the top shelves are just a ton of misc. DIY supplies (like sample paint tubs, spray paint, different kinds of adhesive, lots of Mod Podge, glitter - I think. There's also a box full of bookends - which I don't need any more) and other junk I can't even think of.

At the very bottom is a small-looking (but holds a lot) dirty clothes bin and a few shoe boxes filled with shoes I don't wear current (either they're out of season or they're fancy shoes I don't have a reason to use). And at the very top, where there's actually clothes, you'll find some out-of-season sweaters/jackets and a few special events dresses (bridesmaid dress and some other dresses I wore to like weddings and christenings).

At least it's not too messy.

Makeup Storage

Image


A few months ago I bought these cute glass containers (one heart-shaped and two cube-shaped, all for just a dollar each) that were supposed to be a way to clear out that small center drawer. It was supposed to be my new make-up storage system.

But it's really not.

As you can see, the drawer is still filled with junk. The make up is not organized, it's neither cute nor neat, and now it's being guarded by Bath and Body Works perfumes I got for Christmas and my knock-off Proactive acne lotion.

Dr Scholl's Sneakers

Image


I'm really into comfortable shoes right now. Comfort at all cost. My guy calls it my 'Soccer Mom Sneaks' and I'm okay with that, because they feel like heaven. They're not the cutest though and I look ridiculous when I wear them with skinny jeans but thank goodness flares are coming back!

YouTube Channels


I also have a few guilty pleasure YouTube channels.

How to Cake It and Cake Style - these are both sweets/bakery type channels that feature beautiful cakes. It's a guilty pleasure because (1) I spend way too much time watching these videos and (2) I would never even feign an attempt at making any of these beautiful cakes.

Reload Sessions - Covers - this channel features a lot of up-and-coming artists doing, mostly, stripped down versions of songs. My favorite videos come off their "Covers" playlist, which is devoted to musicians covering the songs of other musicians. Some of the best music I listen to is on this channel, but a teeny part of me feels guilty because I often like the covers much more than the originals.
16 - 26 - 27
September 15th, 2015 at 12:32am