I Had a Theme

This week has been full of nostalgia for me. I was skimming through all of my older stories today in hopes that I could revamp them for posting. While I thought they were all different ideas at the time, now that I am older I came to realize that many of them were quite similar.

As in they all had bad boys, quiet girls, and coffee shops.

Like holy moley Zeus almighty were there coffee shops.

And dark, broody boys.

And shy, girls with no friends.

Am I reading too many romance novels? Did I fall into some sort of writing hole when I was in my teenage years? I mean, I'm in my twenties and I still love me some coffee shop stories but goodness. I'm writing one right now. Derailed is totally a bad boy, shy girl, coffee shop story. However, I don't plan on posting any more with that theme.

But dang do I have about fifty thousand stories on my computer centered around the same thing. I am so glad that I grew out of that as a writer. Diversity is good. Change it up a bit.

Has anyone else noticed a theme in their stories? Maybe with a character, or maybe a little fact?
(I know I always have oreos in my stories because of a running joke with pawnsinplay.)
Is there anything that annoys you about reoccurring themes in stories?
How do you feel about coffee shop stories?
Do you have a favorite theme or type of character?

I feel like if I continue trying to blog I am going to continue to ask questions. I love getting opinions on things!
March 17th, 2016 at 04:14am