Hashtag Drama

First, before the drama. My son turns four months tomorrow!

Image

He's so handsome! Onwards to my daily drama!!

So my sister has moved back from Oklahoma. She moved away last November, going to live with my mother. Well, this might sound absolutely terrible but I was so glad to see her go. My sister is exhausting. To explain a bit, she cuts herself and is constantly overdosing on whatever pill she can get her hands on but it's not for the reason you think. She's not doing it because she is depressed and I'm not some asshole that can't cope with their depressed sibling. She's literally doing it to get my mother's attention.

She's literally said the words, "I'll just take a bunch of pills so mom can feel sorry for me. I'll be out of the hospital in a week."

Now, to give some background as to why this constant never ending stunt keeps working for her. We had an older sister. had. She passed away in due to an overdose. As you can imagine, that was very traumatizing for not only us but my mother. She's terrified we will end up like her.

I almost did end up like her in 2013. I overdosed after losing my apartment, getting over $2000 in debt and to top it all off, my dog died all in one week. I woke up in the hospital to see my mother crying so hard. Worse than when my sister passed. I promised never to hurt her like that again and ever since, I've stopped cutting, I've stopped drinking, and I'm not taking any medications. An occasional puff off a joint is about as bad as I get because I never want to hurt my mother like that again.

So anyway, my sister has literally been back for one week. In that week, she has cut up her entire legs and arms and made sure to photograph it for my mother to see all over social media. Now comes the calls for me to make a thirty minute car ride with my two children in tow and make sure her drama queen ass is okay. When I make this trip, she tells me she is fine, she just needed my mom to send her money.

I want to cut her out of my life so badly. I didn't even let my kids get out of the car because my toddler can notice things like that. My kids haven't been around an unstable person before. Other than me at least. My daughter has never seen someone with cuts like that and I don't want her to. She already checks up on me if I nick myself while shaving I could only imagine how she'd react to someone literally covered in them.

I called my mother today to let her know I wouldn't be doing this anymore. I can't check up on someone who is hurting herself solely to make my mother do whatever she wants. I can't drag my kids to the hospital to make sure my sister is fine and I really just don't want to. My sister messaged me a few hours later asking if she could stay with me because her boyfriend beat her. I told her no but that her kids were welcome to stay. I just can't have it around my kids. She told me I was selfish and hung up. Later online, I found messages from my friends asking why my sister was mad at me. Apparently, she posted about how horrible I was. Gotta love social media.

Anyway, I've updated my story Termination.
August 4th, 2017 at 04:51am