Diving In

So, I've been gone for a few months because I simply can't get the hang of balancing life, school and Mibba. Shame on me. So yeah, comments on current events? I think the world or more precisely U.S politics are to blame for my constant migraine every time I see Donald Trump in my newsfeed. Anyway, I made a friend in Vegas where I currently reside.

My social life has improved. My medication is working for me. I'm doing well in school and I hope to enter Nanowrimo this year. For those of you not familiar; November is National Novel Writing month. There’s a challenge; to finish a 30,000-word novel in one month with no previous, notes or anything, just dive right in. Anyway, for those of you interested that site is: www.nanowrimo.org. I'm trying to currently polish my writing skills which is why I started updating my X-men fanfiction again. I also plan to drop some new poetry. There's something about the current political climate that brings out the journalist in me.

I've been filling my head with positive vibes and inspiring quotes by famous journalists to encourage my work ethics at school. Do any of you do something like that to boost moral? I also find myself being nostalgic, listening to the songs of my youth and wondering where all the time has gone. Last week I found Chester Bennington committed suicide. I was so young when those songs were released but they still shaped me and now I think of how sad I must've been. I've had my fair share of fights with the inching depression and thoughts of self-harm but now, now I don't think I could do it. I didn't have anything to live for before but I worked myself up from homelessness and addiction and I've evolved. I found myself during all the rubble and self-destructive behavior. I found someone worth saving. This I think is the greatest message we can take away from these types of tragedy that we can all make even if it’s hard and damn near impossible. Misery likes company so let’s leave it alone. I just hope that younger generations don't emulate these behaviors. I want the generation after me to be better off than we were.

Oh, and if you guys could by any chance read my story that'd be great. Thank you.

Buenas noches, Guilty
August 4th, 2017 at 07:02am