Left a Toxic Work Environment and Now I Can't Find a Job

I am stressed out to the max!

And it's all my fault.

This past April I quit my job at a gas station because the work environment started to take a toll on me. Things were a little toxic there with my managers being very inappropriate. They would only hire females that they thought they could get with and gave the best opportunities to those girls. I had to fight and push my way to get a promotion that they were throwing at the other girls because they knew I had a boyfriend and couldn't get with me like that. I had to deal with them giving a position of Supervisor to my friend who worked there before the store got a new manager and quit and they just brought her back making way more money than me. My last straw was finding out that my manager was hiring new girls starting at more than I was making after almost two years (and two raises!) and was giving my hours away. I had expressed to my assistant manager (and friend) that I didn't feel I was being treated how I deserved and wanted to quit. He basically told me I would never be able to do better than that job so I quit and never looked back BUT...

I have been having a very hard time finding work and have been broke all summer with barely enough money to get to any interviews I might get.

I know I shouldn't have quit without making sure I found another job but I couldn't risk my mental health at a job I knew didn't deserve me. I was literally every customer's favorite and ALWAYS got back positive feedback. I have realized that just because you are a good person doesn't automatically mean good things will come your way. I've been a little depressed because of all of this and don't know how it's even possible to get my spirits up when everything is going so bad.
August 9th, 2018 at 07:13pm