I Keep Coming Back

I keep coming back here, though it's well obvious this place is 'mostly' dead. Unless you're subbed, finding updated works is nearly impossible.

I keep coming back because this is where writing really started for me, and yeah, most of my work here is terrible - If I'm honest. But I wouldn't have learned how to grow without the authors and readers I interacted with here.

I guess I'm just here now to say that I miss those people and I hope with all my heart that their wildest dreams in writing come true, I hope they grew as writers as well, and I hope they know they're forever a part of my writing journey.

I have yet to find a website with the same sense of community as this one had (has?), the support and willingness to teach aspiring authors who needed to learn the ins and outs of writing. With the ability to do so without tearing them to shreds in the process.

I'm just here sulking in a shallow pool of wistful nostalgia. Ao3, Wattpad, Tumblr, Reddit, none of those are enough, and I'm on every one. There was a special spark of comradery here, and it keeps pulling me back to peek fondly if not a bit sadly at where I grew my love for writing.

This old husk of the website, even as silent and forgotten as it has become, gives me motivation when I am stuck in my worst writer's blocks. Simply looking at it's brightly mellow color scheme and rereading through old comments gets my writing gears to turning.

Signing off for a while again. Hello friend if you've popped by ~
January 3rd, 2023 at 03:01am