Edward Cullen - Eh, he's okay.

You know, I just finished the fourth book. Very good. I must admit, that it was kind of annoying how she kind of crammed everything into the first 400 pages. It was still good though.

Anyway, I was thinking about Edward today. (Not like that you sick pervs!!! lol )

Well, I was thinking about how a-lot of people are like,

"Omg! Edward is so hot, I want to marry him!!!!1! He's so super special!!!!" >.< (Heh, special ed.... lol ) My first thought is,

HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE!?!? Everyone's interpretation is different. I always imagined him with black hair, even though it said he had bronze.

My second thought,

He's fictional.

My third thought,

What's so great about a fictional character that doesn't even follow the basic rules of vampirism.

When I read a good vampire book, I expect them to follow basic rules.

1) Vampires cannot walk into sunlight (unless they're daywalkers.) You can change what happens when they walk into it (ex; getting sick, immediately bursting into flames/dying etc. ) but usually is should be a bad thing.

2) Vampires cannot survive on animals. If you read the Anne Rice books, you'll know why. For those of you who don't, the vampire who drinks only animal blood seems to always be weak and/or sick.

Well, I would list another, but that may be a spoiler for some of you who haven't read the book.

Oh well. I liked the story (plot line) a-lot. ^_^ Hope you all enjoyed it.

P.S. I know it's a fiction book and the author can do what she wants, but it kind of ruined it for me.
August 4th, 2008 at 09:44pm