Why must there be a Hell?

I understand that all God does is right, but sometimes I just don't understand why. I suppose I am just not meant to understand.

Until recently, I have always tried to ignore the idea of Hell. Of course I knew it existed, but I worried about me doing what is right, and so I wouldn't go there. Its so simple.

Then one day it hit me, what about the rest of the world? Still I mainly worried about myself, and prayed for those I loved.

One day I was on some site, reading about how all rock including Christian Rock was evil and from Satan, which I don't believe. I then clicked on some link describing what Hell was like, and I coudln't even read the whole thing without sobbing. Neverending fire, darkness...the sounds of nature are gone, all you can hear is screaming, and the pain is like nothing you could ever feel, and you remember your life, how you didn't have to be there...and its forever...forever and ever, all eternity.

I thought about Freddie Mercury. He did so much wrong in his life, but he was such a beautiful person. Sure there was some evil in him but we all sin, people aren't evil, Satan is evil. People are beautiful. It hurts so much to think that after all that suffering he did here on earth, when he finally thought he would be at peace, only to find himself burning...forever....

And John Lennon, how he'll never get to be with Yoko again....

...all because they didn't accpet Jesus Christ. I understand why this must be, and I know God is wonderful for sending his son to die for people who went against him just for us, and why he must punish those who deserve it. But why eternity, why forever?

Eternity is such a long time...I can't even think about what I will be doing next week, and imagine being tortured for ever, not until you die but forever, no hope, no life, just suffer, just darkness. It terrifies me, what if I'm not good enough? Not to say that Jesus's death on the cross wasn't enough because it was, but the Bible says not everyone who cries out Lord, Lord will make it to heaven. Not even all Christians will make it, that means.

And I look at pictures of Brian May...Jimmy Page, and my own brother--he's an athiest. Will they all suffer FOREVER? There is not much I can do but pray and it hurts. I just cry and shake and theres nothing I can do. I am loving and forgiving of everyone...everything. It just hurts me too much to where it is hard to think...hard to live sometimes, it just makes me want to stop and do something else, but then I will not be following God and surely I will be on the path to Hell too then.

I left Christianity the first time months ago because of this fear, I didn't know as much about it then and the faith I chose made more sense. It still seems nice, but its wrong so what does it matter what I think. I'm just a human on this little world. Is even typing this wrong?

Sorry for any bad grammar, this is so hard to type.

Love,
Spork
August 20th, 2008 at 09:28pm